Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) presently has a job opening for candidate for position of a Staff Nurse Oncology / Hematology in Abu Dhabi, UAE. SSMC one of the UAE’s largest hospitals, was founded as part of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 to elevate health care services in the Emirate. SSMC works on mission to “Deliver holistic, transformational healthcare solutions that exceed expectations and generate loyalty in the Emirates & beyond”. It delivers world class health services to patients, supported by the latest medical equipment & internationally trained care givers. Conclusively, SSMC is a corner stone of Abu Dhabi’s health care services which are aligned with global quality and safety standards.
Employment of Nurses At SSMC
SSMC nurses are leading global transformation of nursing practice to enhance patient care for everyone & everywhere. Every day, SSMC nurses apply their knowledge to the care of people with complex conditions. SSMC recruits best nurses from around the world and integrate into high standards & unique work environment, to provide good patient experience.
Job Purpose of A Staff Nurse Oncology / Hematology
Staff Nurse in Oncology / Hematology is to provide specialized nursing care and support to patients with cancer and blood disorders.
Your Job Duties As A Staff Nurse Oncology / Hematology At SSMC Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Understands, supports and promotes the mission, vision and values of organization.
- Provides age appropriate patient care according to the Nursing scope of practice as defined by the regulatory body.
- Adheres to and promotes the professional Nurses code of conduct for Abu Dhabi.
- Promotion of health and delivery of health education.
- Ensuring the provision of optimum clinical care, customer satisfaction and patient safety.
Oncology / Hematology Specialized clinical Tasks
- Assists in providing psycho social support to patients and their families throughout their disease progression.
- Coordinates the pre clinical and laboratory assessments of oncology patients who are being prepared for chemotherapy and performs a full nursing assessment prior to commencing treatment.
- Demonstrates specialized nursing knowledge and skills in the management of oncology and rheumatology diseases and related procedures.
- Administers and supervises administration of cytotoxic drugs , reports progress and toxicity side effects to the oncologist as directed.
- Acts as the patient advocate to all concerned multi disciplines.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor degree in nursing.
- Not less than 2 years clinical experience in an tertiary healthcare facility.
Certification & License
- Valid license to practice.
- BLS Certification.