American Hospital Dubai
American Hospital Dubai (UAE) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Staff Nurse Mira Clinic. A premier private healthcare provider in the Middle East, American Hospital Dubai was established in 1996, with the goal of providing world class medical service to the community. The 254 bed, acute care, general medical private hospital has state of the art facilities and an experienced team of healthcare professionals specialized in more than 40 medical and surgical specialties assuring comprehensive care. The hospital is the inaugural member of the prestigious Mayo Care Network. The hospital also operates seven dedicated clinics in Dubai Media City, Al Barsha, Al Khawaneej, Jumeirah, Mira, Dubai Hills and Nad Al Sheba.
Job Purpose of A Staff Nurse Mira Clinic
To provide compassionate and skilled patient care in healthcare settings.
Your Job Duties As A Staff Nurse Mira Clinic
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks ensuring effective functioning of the area.
- Follows the chain of command in reporting incidents or concerns.
- Prioritizes workload and completes correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensures safe working environment through strict compliance with Hospital Policy and Procedure regarding safety, infection and security.
- Demonstrates skills in assessment of patient, family’s physical and psychological needs.
- Demonstrates skill in coordination and planning of care and prioritize care based on individual needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to render care and services based on age, appropriateness and developmental needs of patients.
- Performs nursing interventions / procedures in accordance with established standards of care and policy and procedures.
- Identifies and responds to urgent / emergency situations appropriately and directs team members in a calm, proficient manner.
- Provide Nursing Care to patient prior and post procedure.
- Book patient for appointment, procedure, or treatment according to treatment plan.
- Follow up on patient’s diagnostic tests and coordinate with physician for informing patients about their results, treatment, or if a follow up is needed with physician.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation as per Hospital Policies and Procedures.
What You’ll Do More?
- Maintains competency in use of department specific equipment necessary for the resuscitation of the patient.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness regarding department / service specific policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates delivery of safe and appropriate nursing care according to standards of care.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, co-workers, visitors and others by following hospital policy in reporting of equipment failures, safety and security issues.
- Demonstrates effective communication and good customer service skills when interacting with the interdisciplinary team, patients, families and others.
- Supports the effective functioning of unit routine, i.e., preparation of charts (screening); use of electronic record system, update of patient records and preparation in view of day schedule.
- Self-updating regarding internal memos and communication towards changes in clinic.
- Keep consultation rooms stocked and clean prior and after patient has been seen.
- Admits and discharges patients according to established standards.
- Organizes and prepares patient with an outpatient appointment for MRI / CT under Sedation / Analgesia.
- Administer medication, chemotherapy, infusion, blood products (whatever applicable) as per Hospital Policies and Procedures.
Who Can Apply?
- 3-4 year General Nursing Diploma / Degree.
- Post graduate diploma, where applicable.
- Minimum 4 years nursing care, with at least two years experience in ENT speciality.
- Previous experience in a Private Healthcare institute is an asset.
- BCLS certification.
- Current license to practice nursing.