Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) presently requires suitable candidate for job position of a Staff Nurse (Cardiac ICU / Cardiology) in Abu Dhabi, UAE. SSMC one of the UAE’s largest hospitals, was founded as part of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 to elevate health care services in the Emirate. SSMC works on mission to “Deliver holistic, transformational healthcare solutions that exceed expectations and generate loyalty in the Emirates & beyond”. It delivers world class health services to patients, supported by the latest medical equipment & internationally trained care givers. Conclusively, SSMC is a corner stone of Abu Dhabi’s health care services which are aligned with global quality and safety standards.
Employment of Nurses At SSMC
SSMC nurses are leading global transformation of nursing practice to enhance patient care for everyone & everywhere. Every day, SSMC nurses apply their knowledge to the care of people with complex conditions. SSMC recruits best nurses from around the world and integrate into high standards & unique work environment, to provide good patient experience.
Job Purpose of A Staff Nurse Cardiac ICU
Staff Nurse in the Cardiac ICU is to provide specialized nursing care and monitoring to patients with cardiac conditions in the intensive care unit.
Your Job Duties As A Staff Nurse Cardiac ICU (Cardiology) At SSMC Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Understands, supports and promotes the mission, vision and values of organization.
- Provides age appropriate patient care according to the nursing scope of practice as defined by the regulatory body.
- Adheres to and promotes the professional Nurses code of conduct for Abu Dhabi.
- Promotion of health and delivery of health education.
- Ensuring the provision of optimum clinical care, customer satisfaction and patient safety.
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Specific Job Roles
- Demonstrates competence with the care and assessment of cardiac patients, including the prevention of complications.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence with the care and management of ventilated patients including prevention of complications.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence with the care and management of patients requiring CRRT including the prevention of complications.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence of the prevention of Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP) and is consistently compliant with VAP bundles.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence of the prevention of Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSI).
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence of the prevention of Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI).
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence of the CUSP program and is pro active in identifying and reducing risk of harm to patients.
Qualification & Certification
- Bachelor degree in nursing.
- Valid license to practice.
- Not less than 2 years clinical experience in a tertiary health care facility.