NMC Healthcare (NMC Royal Hospital Sharjah) presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of a Specialist Ophthalmology in Sharjah, UAE. Established in 1974, NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and largest private healthcare company in UAE. NMC plays an integral part in supporting the UAE’s healthcare system & its continuous growth and progress. With a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, allied health and support personnel, NMC owns and manage numerous Healthcare facilities in the UAE, treating millions of patients every year. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long Term and Home Care, Medical Centers, Day Surgery Centers, Operations and Management.
Job Purpose of A Specialist Ophthalmology
Planning and implementation of integrated preventive-curative medical care programs. Performs the professional duties of a Ophthalmologist.
Your Job Duties As A Specialist Ophthalmology
- Ensures Performs Supervises and directs the day to day activities of the Ophthalmology service.
- Ensures that Ophthalmological care rendered meets Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital standards.
- Participates in the planning and development of professional standards.
- Monitors within established guidelines the quality of care provided.
- Initiates and participates in review / study of difficult and special cases.
- Monitors the eye care rendered on a daily basis to ensure that Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital standards are met.
- Keeps informed as to current developments in the field of ophthalmology.
- Coordinates and participates in weekly rounds and peer reviews.
- Coordinates with the Medical Director in planning programs, integrating the curative and preventive aspects of total patient care.
- Participates in the implementation of approved curative / preventive programs as they relate to Ophthalmology.
- Oversees and monitors and participates in QA programs as requested by the HOD.
- Prepares and submits to the HOD for approval the daily work schedule, weekend schedules, ER on-call schedule after working hours, personal leaves and expat. vacation.
- Recommends to the HOD Training and / or development programs to be provided for the Staff.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of professional quality standards and makes recommendations to the HOD for improvement of such standards.
Who Can Apply?
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus internship.
- Three years residency in Ophthalmology culminating in procuring a Post-Graduate Master’s degree and / or equivalent Fellowships approved by PQR, UAE.
- Five or more year’s exclusive practice / experience of ophthalmology since certification.
- Must have DOH / MOH license to practice.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- English is required to prepare documentation and it is used as the common language to communicate with different nationalities.
- Basic knowledge of medical Arabic desirable.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics.