A Specialist Interventional Cardiology at NMC Royal Hospital will perform the professional duties of a Cardiologist in accordance with the delineation of privileges as recommended by the credential committee. The role holder will perform his duties in the Cardiology outpatient clinic evaluating patients with cardiovascular diseases.
Responsibilities of Specialist Interventional Cardiology
- To provide consultation services to inpatient in his area of expertise (Cardiology).
- To conduct assessment & re-assessment for all patients in the OPD, on admission, and prior to any procedure.
- To oversee operation of the cardiac catheterization laboratory including the ongoing training of technician.
- To oversee the operation of the Invasive & Non Invasive Cardiac Diagnostic Laboratories ( ECG,TEE, Stress Test, 2D Echo, Cardiac Catheterization & Coronary Angiography, Coronary Angioplasty).
- Provides on-call emergency coverage for Cardiology Emergencies including performance of primary angioplasty / stenting, emergency pericardiocenteses, balloon valvotomies & IABP insertion.
- To provide care to In-patients admitted under his / her care.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement. Develops and promotes appropriate standards of care.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information and regarding administrative matters of a confidential nature.
- Evidences dependability in carrying out the commitments and obligations of the position.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of the Department.
- To follow appropriate international guidelines, DHA regulations & Joint Commission International norms while treating or managing patients as well as while discharging their professional duties.
Education & Experience
Following is the eligibility criteria for the role of Specialist Interventional Cardiology at NMC Royal Hospital:
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus one year of internship and three years of residency.
- Certification by the American Board of Cardiology or Member of the Royal College of Physicians (or its equivalent).
- At least five (5) years of practice as an interventional cardiologist with two (2) or more years as a licensed specialist.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with DHA license as a specialist interventional cardiologist to practice in Dubai, UAE.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.