NMC Healthcare (NMC Royal Hospital Sharjah) presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of a Specialist Dermatologist (Cosmetologist) in Sharjah, UAE. Established in 1974, NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and largest private healthcare company in UAE. NMC plays an integral part in supporting the UAE’s healthcare system & its continuous growth and progress. With a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, allied health and support personnel, NMC owns numerous Healthcare facilities in the UAE. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long Term and Home Care, Medical Centers, Day Surgery Centers, Operations and Management.
Job Purpose of A Specialist Dermatologist
To provide specialized services to patients for the diagnosis and management of Skin and Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
Your Job Duties As A Specialist Dermatologist
- The Dermatologist’s responsibility is mainly in the outpatient department providing.
- Consultation services to patients with skin diseases in the Clinic.
- He / She also provides consultation service to the inpatient services and has admission privileges to admit patients with skin diseases requiring inpatient care.
- To perform the professional duties of a Dermatologist:
- To perform his / her duties in the Dermatology outpatient Clinic evaluating patients with skin diseases on a daily basis.
- Provides consultation service to inpatients in dermatology.
- Admit to the hospital patients with skin diseases requiring inpatient services and assume their care.
- Provides on-call emergency coverage for dermatologic emergencies.
- Performs the dermatologic procedures e.g. PUVA therapy, skin biopsy, cryosurgery, electrocautery, chemical peeling, curettage, excision etc.
- Plans and maintains daily work schedules necessary for required performance of all Department functions, including leaves of absence, vacations, holiday and weekend schedules, and emergency on-call schedules after working hours.
- Participates in the monthly hospital meetings.
- Participates in committees as needed.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements.
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities.
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Notifying OSH hazards, incidents, near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports.
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH / Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems.
Who Can Apply?
- Graduate of approved Medical School.
- Specialized training or 4 years experience as a practicing Dermatologist.
- Certification in Radiology recognized by DOH /DHA / MOH / PQR.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics, with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work.
- Personality which inspires confidence and trust in his / her patients, and adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.
- Preferably a female native Arabic speaker.