Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) presently has job opening for position of a Specialist Anesthesia (Anesthesiologist) in Abu Dhabi, UAE. SSMC one of the UAE’s largest hospitals, was founded as part of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 to elevate health care services in the Emirate. SSMC works on mission to “Deliver holistic, transformational healthcare solutions that exceed expectations and generate loyalty in the Emirates & beyond”. It delivers world class health services to patients, supported by the latest medical equipment & internationally trained care givers. Conclusively, SSMC is a corner stone of Abu Dhabi’s health care services which are aligned with global quality and safety standards.
Job Purpose of A Specialist Anesthesia
- Deliver high quality, evidence based and patient centered care.
- Be an example of clinical excellence within the Division & play your part in training of junior medical staff.
Job Duties As A Specialist Anesthesia (Anesthesiologist) At SSMC Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Supports and adheres to all hospital departmental and divisional initiatives, policy and procedures.
- Supports and take part in organization’s performance management system, including peer review and the productivity and utilization review processes.
- Assists with Consultant staff in to ensure that medical coverage is provided within the Division at all times.
- Attends Divisional meetings as invited.
- Supports the reporting, investigation and response to un toward incidents.
- Assumes other administrative or clinical duties as requested by the Consultant Staff.
- Under the supervision of the Consultant Physician, diagnoses and treats patients according to set standards.
- Assists the Consultant Physician in supervising the activities of junior medical staff and jointly assumes responsibility for the care they provide.
- Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care & surgical procedures.
- Practice appropriate utilization of the organization’s resources.
- Leads ward rounds, reassesses both inpatients and outpatients on a regular basis, in line with best practices.
- Accurately documents all clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in line with procedures.
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and adopt treatment as required.
- Liaises with other medical specialties and support services for input as required.
Who Can Apply?
- Board Certification / Fellowship.
- Qualifications from Tier 1 or qualifications from Tier 2 or qualifications from Tier 3.
- Current national license.
- Tier 1: No additional experience is required post board certification.
- Tier 2: NLT 2 years of clinical experience post qualification.
- Tier 3: 3 years experience post qualification.