Canadian University Dubai
Candian University Dubai (CUD) is presently looking for suitably qualified candidate for job position of a Social Media Specialist. Located in the city’s vibrant business district, CUD gives students unique opportunity to obtain a first class Canadian education while experiencing dynamic lifestyle of Dubai. CUD offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs based on a world leading international curriculum across disciplines in Architecture & Interior Design, Communication and Media, Engineering, Applied Science and Technology, Management, Creative Industries, Environmental Health Sciences & Social Sciences, including Psychology & Applied Sociology.
Job Purpose of A Social Media Specialist
- Will be part of Marketing & Communication team reporting directly to the Marketing & Communication Manager.
- Develop and create content, implement strategies, track and optimize CUDs social media marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
Job Duties of A Social Media Specialist
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Maintain a social media calendar of ongoing campaigns, as well as sporadic /one-off posts based on what’s occurring on campus and post accordingly.
- Be an expert in content creation.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action/engage.
- Develop creative content appropriate for each social media platform Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok.
- Be active with the student body, and be connected with the Student Affairs and Student Recruitment departments, to be aware of all student activities to provide coverage and create engagement with students and the community on social media platforms.
- Collaborate with team members and other departments to create engaging content for CUD initiatives and events.
- Design, build and maintain social media presence.
- Attend CUD events on and off campus to provide social media coverage.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data /metrics, insights and best practices and then acting on the information.
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners, as required for specific campaigns and purposes.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide ideas and perspective for adoption of new technologies where appropriate.
What Makes You Eligible ?
- Bachelors degree in social media field or a two three year certificate/diploma.
- 2-3 years of experience in similar role.
- Proven work experience in social media, both organic and paid campaigns.
- Experience with and an understanding of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Tik Tok.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate action.
- Experience in creative campaign development.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Planning and organizing.
- Multi tasking.
- IT skills such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Communication skills.
- Customer focus and service.
- English verbal and writing skills. Arabic or French is an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills.