Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Senior Structural Engineer in Dubai, UAE. Founded in 1993, ENOC is a Dubai based state owned oil and gas company. ENOC operates in various segments of the energy sector, including exploration, production, refining, and marketing of petroleum products. ENOC has a significant presence in Dubai & is responsible for managing the supply and distribution of petroleum products in the emirate. It also operates a network of service stations across Dubai and provides a wide range of fuel products, including gasoline, diesel, and aviation fuel. In addition to its core business of oil and gas, ENOC has diversified into other areas such as aviation, lubricants, and convenience stores.
Purpose of a Senior Structural Engineer
- Provide Structural design, engineering and project support, being subject matter expert in the discipline to deliver Project and Business objective.
- Lead and develop Structural engineering standards, process, procedures and guidelines to ensure reliability and integrity of assets.
Duties of a Senior Structural Engineer
- Supervision and skill pool management.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate structural engineering discipline team to meet all the functional objectives in line with project and business objectives.
- Recommend discipline specific competency profiles for project to ensure that discipline is staffed to fully proficient standards.
- Coach and mentor UAE Nationals and Graduate Engineers to bring them to operational level engineers.
- Provide support in developing project specific policies, procedures & controls for structural engineering discipline.
- Implement approved section policies, processes and procedures in execution of Projects.
- Support principal civil & structural Engineer in undertaking single point accountability and in his absence, assume relevant technical authority, when delegated.
- Providing assurance to the board, GCEO and EXCOM on discipline health in terms of competence, development & Image sizing.
- Providing an independent view to ensure that targets and requirements set for the project or asset will be met.
- Provide engineering & technical support to Operation, Maintenance & EHS Department to ensure availability, operational readiness, reliability & integrity of Assets.
- Participate and ensure the preparation of statement of requirements (SOR) and scope of work (SOW) for all projects.
- Develop designs in accordance to British, UAE and American standards pertaining to structural design, fabrication, Inspection, testing & installation practices.
- Develop Structural designs of foundations, sub structures and super structures in buildings, infrastructure, industrial and Specialist structures associated with oil & gas / petrochemical industry.
- Lead structural engineering by approving design, calculations, analysis, engineering specifications & aata sheets, collection of input data from site/operations.
Who Can Apply?
- Master’s degree in structural engineering.
- Advanced English language proficiency (IELTS score of 7 or above or a TOEFL score of 94 or above).
- 9 years of experience in similar role in the oil and gas industry.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Understanding of a wide variety of the discipline’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills, analytical skills, and an awareness of business.
- Proficient in office productivity tools such as the MS Office suite of products and Adobe Acrobat.