American Hospital Dubai
American Hospital Dubai, is seeking a qualified and experienced candidate for the job of Senior Staff Nurse / Nurse Manager at Nad Al Sheba Clinic in UAE. American Hospital is a premier private healthcare provider in the Middle East, providing world-class medical service to the community. It is the first hospital in the Middle East to be awarded the JCI. The hospital is also the inaugural member of the prestigious Mayo Care Network. Furthermore, the first facility to execute robotic surgery in Dubai, American Hospital cements its position as a pioneer of Digital Transformation.
Role of Senior Staff Nurse
The job of a Senior Staff Nurse / Nurse Manager at Nad Al Sheba Clinic Dubai (UAE) is to ensure maintenance of accurate nursing documentation according to hospital policy and procedures. The Nurse will Collaborate with patients, families and health care professionals to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
Responsibilities of Senior Staff Nurse
- Coordinate work of designated area to ensure efficient functioning of unit.
- Collaborate with Multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care.
- Demonstrate Self-motivation and Organization Skills.
- Participate in staff meetings, committees and projects.
- Demonstrate Cooperation, Coordination and respect among individuals / departments in order to provide excellent customer service (internal and external).
- Perform additional duties when required.
- Share knowledge and skills with colleagues and others.
- Provide Supervision and advice to PRR staff regarding patients’ enquiries.
- Participate in and maintain clinic specific audits and other data.
What you’ll do
- Prioritize work load according to the need of the patient and the operational function of the clinic.
- Willing to learn and adopt new skills to improve working environment.
- Accept constructive feedback positively.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the policies and procedures established in the Employee Handbook and AHD Policies and Procedures.
- Punctual, i.e., report for duty on time and inform Clinic Manager/Designee when leaving the area. Adhere to clinic operational hours.
- Follow the chain of command in reporting incidents or concerns.
- Assist staff nurses and care assistants in planning, implementing and evaluating direct patient care.
- Demonstrate skill in co-ordination and planning of care and prioritizing care, based on individual needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to render appropriate care and services based on age, appropriateness and needs of patients.
- Promote incident, customer complaint and patient satisfaction survey reporting to improve patient and family care.
- Assist in creating a safe and friendly environment for all patients, their families and other staff members.
- Maintain update service specific competencies – according to guidelines.
Education & Experience
- 4 year General Nursing Diploma / Degree.
- Minimum 2 years general medical / surgical experience.
- At least two (2) years of recent Post-graduate nursing experience.
- Current License to practice nursing.
- BCLS Certification.
- Post-graduate diploma, where applicable.