Dubai Ports (DP) World presently has a job opening for candidates for the position of a Senior Foreman (Mechanical). DP World was established in 1972 as a local port operator in Dubai. Over the time, DP World has evolved from a single port operator to a global logistics provider with operations over 69 countries and across every continent. They are the leading provider of worldwide smart end to end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Their comprehensive range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain, from maritime and inland terminals to marine services and industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions. DP World has a dedicated team of more than 100,000 employees from over 160 nationalities that ensure the smooth flow of trade.
Job Overview of A Senior Foreman (Mechanical)
- Plan, assign and communicate jobs to mechanical foreman and fitters in mechanical department to meet set goals.
- Lead the mechanical team for repairs work onboard and workshop in line with clients and yard requirements.
Your Job Tasks As A Senior Foreman (Mechanical) At Dubai Ports (DP) World
- Lead the mechanical team for all mechanical repair activities onboard on large and critical projects.
- Attend meetings and liaise with project managers and clients on day to day activity progress.
- Ensure that all work instructions, department standards and check lists are followed by the foreman and fitters.
- Request and prepare spares to assemble all parts as asked by client and/or OEM.
- Take charge of the mechanical section in absence of supervisors.
- Attend testing, sea trial and trouble shooting as required.
- Exercise discipline at the work site to prevent absenteeism, unsafe work practices and idleness.
- Liaise with other discipline foremen / supervision to ensure the optimum utilization of available resources.
- Create progress reports on a daily basis and give all significant information to the supervisor i.e. resource short falls, surplus, HSEQ concerns.
- Assist the supervisors in planning activities.
- Supply propers machineries, tools, equipment and materials to the workers.
- Keep everything in proper order and state of maintenance in department.
- Perform inspections to ensure that the workers performance is up to the set standards.
- Follow the day to day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineer.
- 5 to 10 years experience in mechanical field at least 3 years of experience as foreman or lead position.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Knowledgeable on major ship board machineries / mechanical equipment.
- Good leadership skills.
- Knowledge and experience in ship repair and new building yard.