Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) is presently recruiting suitable candidate for the job position of Senior Analyst Decision Support in Dubai. This job was posted by ENOC on 2 Sep 2023 and is now open to receive applications from aspirants.
Purpose of A Senior Analyst Decision Support
To enable the implementation of a capital allocation governance structure for all capital investments undertaken by ENOC Group to ensure financial and strategic alignment with the Group’s corporate strategy.
Job Duties of A Senior Analyst Decision Support
- Assist in developing portfolio management frameworks to be established within ENOC.
- Support the periodic review of ENOC’s portfolio of businesses and conduct research to provide advisory for potential restructuring, portfolio rebalancing.
- Prepare periodic reports to update the management with the status of the projects pipeline, which includes projects under planning and under execution.
- Screen projects where applicable based on the Project Prioritization Framework.
- Review historical project portfolio and help define CAPEX categories across ENOC.
- Build financial models for cashflow analysis, balance sheet simulation and impact analysis on the portfolio including all investment & divestment opportunities.
- Assist in updating cost of equity for ENOC and its individual lines of businesses.
- Assist in developing key project assurance and governance processes for all Capital Projects across ENOC Group.
- Audit project assurance and governance processes being followed by Capital Projects where PM&DS is not gatekeeper.
- Conduct gatekeeper activities (for necessary projects) including preparation of gate review report and validate business case assumptions.
- Assess and rank growth projects as per the Project Prioritization Framework.
- Support in conducting periodic analysis on the established stage gate process to identify gaps and recommend corrective measures.
- Develop a project monitoring and reporting system to regularly present analysis to executive leadership.
- Monitor macro economic and geo political developments that may impact competitiveness of ENOC’s business interests.
- Assist in providing independent analysis, opinion and decision support to GCEO for all capital investment decisions requiring his endorsement or approval.
- Critically analyse and evaluate projects under planning in terms of their capital requirement, economic attractiveness and strategic fit.
- Identify skill gaps and design training assignments to upskill team members.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, business administration, economics or related subjects from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree in a related subject.
- 8-10 years experience in the field of finance, strategy, planning and investment appraisal.
- 5 plus years in the Oil and gas industry, Upstream, Mid-stream or Downstream.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Ability to blend technical and financial attributes of projects and business opportunities.
- Ability to build financial models using a bottom-up and valuation multiples approach.
- Computer literacy with a strong knowledge of MS Office suite is essential.
- Experience in portfolio management and/or project management would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, numerical aptitude, excellent communication and report writing as well as presentation skills are essential.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English, Arabic would be an advantage but not essential.