Brunel is seeking qualified and candidates for the job position of Senior Accountant / Accounting Supervisor in UAE. Brunel was established nearly 50 years ago as an Unconventional agency focused on connecting Engineers with temporary roles. Today, the International network of Brunel spans over 45 Countries, 120+ offices and 45 years of success. Brunel is a strong global brand featuring more than 12,000 employees worldwide, all connected by a global service Infrastructure built to provide the clients with real time answers, operational excellence, and proactive support. There are a lot of Workforce solutions providers, but Brunel’s unique position and focus puts it’s a cut above the rest.
Role of Senior Accountant
At Brunel UAE, the job role of a Senior Accountant / Accounting Supervisor involves peparing and posting month end close JVs – Prepayment Amortization, End of service accruals, onus accruals, invoice accruals, corporate and IT fees allocations and others.
- Creation of projects in SAP (WBS) for MMR and PS related projects. Invoicing in SAP (printing).
- Credit release in SAP (setting up credit limits + coordinating in getting customer financial health check reports through GBS).
- Fixed asset Capitalization – full process creating the asset – setting up the useful life and depreciation. Coordinating with the business to review CIP on a regular basis.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and actioning on aged items.
- Participating in Commercial reviews of all other ME related tenders and actioning on deviation approvals if any.
- Assisting the team in inputting FRS/REP and Corp tax related schedules for EWIR, EMME and EWKU.
- Processing manual entries in SAP and excel for these entities.
Your Duties as Senior Accountant
- Assisting the team in Flash preparation and commentary for EWIR, EMME and EWKU.
- Assisting the team in the annual audit exercise for UAE, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait – preparing schedules, providing samples and others.
- Assisting the team in annual physical inventory for Abu Dhabi (ICAD), Jebel Ali (Warehouse), Qatar and Kuwait locations.
- As a Chartered Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring on time and quality submission of monthly and quarterly financial statements as per requirements and as per timelines provided by local FP&A team.
- Ensuring smooth completion with no observation of all external finance audits – UAE, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait and Kurdistan.
- Ensuring Assets are capitalized as per company policy and procedure and depreciated accordingly.
- Participating in all enhancement exercises across various SI Finance Streams.
- Submission of quarterly Corp tax, REP, Lease tracker and other requirements for ESG1.
- Preparation of monthly flash reports with comments which are clearly explained.
- Preparation and execution of annual physical inventory count and coordination with PWC team to make the count happen.
Education & Experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant – (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or CPA).
- Relevant experience of 3-5 years in Finance, with preferably SAP Background.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work culture.
- Ability to be part of a diverse team and being a business partner to the assigned Sales Manager/s.
- Effective Communication skills.