GEMS Education (GEMS Al Khaleej International School) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a School Doctor in Dubai, UAE. Founded in 1979 in UAE, GEMS Education is one of largest & oldest kindergarten to Grade XII education provider across the globe. From its humble beginnings as a school at home, it has grown to operate as a leading international independent school in six regions across the globe, educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned & managed schools. It holds an unparalleled record of providing quality education with diverse curricula. Its vision is to put quality education within the reach of early learner. The common thread that unites their all schools and teachers is quality education and values.
A Word About Al Khaleej International School
Founded in 1992, GEMS Al Khaleej International School is an international K-12 U.S. curriculum school helping over 2,000 students every year in developing life long learning skills such as open mindedness, perseverance, integrity, reflection, problem solving, innovation, self awareness, global citizenship, resilience and grit.
Job Purpose of A School Doctor
To be responsible for the health, hygiene and wellbeing of students and staff of the school, ensuring the school’s complete compliance with regulations and rulings of the Dubai Health Authority.
Your Job Duties As A School Doctor At GEMS Al Khaleej International School Dubai
- Ensure that students and parents adhere to, and are well informed of immunization programs as per DHA guidelines.
- Monitor the maintenance of cleanliness and hygiene within the school, particularly in areas such as the cafeteria, washrooms and swimming pools.
- Be available to students and staff to address their immediate medical needs, providing a source of medical advice.
- Maintain comprehensive medical records of all students as regulated by the DHA.
- Manage and guide the school nurses so that they function optimally, in the best interests of the students, staff and school.
- Keep up to date with current medical practices and regulations, as prescribed by Governmental authorities.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine or similar post graduate diploma.
- Upto date knowledge of worldwide medical and healthcare practices.
- At least 3 years of experience of working in a same role in an educational organization.
- Valid DHA license.
- Ability to multi task & effective organization skills.
- Positive communication skills.
- Remain calm in cases of emergency and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
- A logical and relaxed individual able to interact with a variety of people from different cultures.