NMC Healthcare is presently looking for qualified and proficient candidates for the job position of a Registered Nurse – Urology OPD. The selected aspirant will be required to work at NMC Speciality Hospital Abu Dhabi, UAE. This job was published by NMC on 22 September 2023 and is now open for all aspiring candidates.
Job Purpose of A Registered Nurse – Urology OPD
To provide compassionate and skilled healthcare to patients, promoting their well-being and recovery.
Job Duties of A Registered Nurse – Urology OPD
- Assists specialists / consultants in the specific procedures done in the pediatric OPD.
- Performs the initial assessment of the patients.
- Performs nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort.
- Ensures strict aseptic techniques are followed while performing the various procedures in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the unit as per infection control and waste management policy of the hospital.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge in the nursing care of patients with varied illness.
- Demonstrates vigilance in identifying patients with communicable diseases and following the appropriate isolation technique for such patients.
- Provides appropriate health teaching to the patient and family about further management and care.
- Prepares, administers and documents medication, nebulization and vaccination if given to the patient.
- Maintains and updates all relevant patient documentations/medical records as per hospital policy and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient’s records.
- Coordinates with the front office desk of her / his designated area for smooth functioning and optimum patient care.
- Follows the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the Nursing Department.
- Ensuring patient care issues are correctly and quickly reported.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Competent with cardio-pulmonary resuscitation technique.
- Responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist.
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of medications including high alert medications, narcotics and vaccines as per hospital policy.
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of Hazmat items including the MSDS as per hospital policy.
What You’ll Do More?
- Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head.
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the Charge Nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned.
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as instructed by the Nursing Shift Supervisor / Nursing Director.
- Responsible for implementing health and safety measures related to the Pandemic for themselves and others by their actions or omissions, and continue the provision of health-care during a pandemic.
- Responsible to comply with the managements instructions and policies, i.e. follow safe work practices, use equipment, wear protective equipment, participate in training, and report hazards or injury, etc.
- Responsible to monitor their own health and immediately report any issues of concern to their HOD.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience.
- BLS provider.
- Current license in country of origin and with DOH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Good English spoken & written.
- Arabic language advantageous / desirable but not essential.