Medcare Hospital & Medical Centers
Medcare Hospital & Medical Centers is presently seeking an educated and experienced Labor Room Registered Nurse. The selected applicant will work in Medcare Women and Children Hospital in Dubai, UAE. If this opportunity interests you read further to know about the role and duties assigned to this role person.
Role of Labor Room Registered Nurse
The Incumbent will provide pre natal, antenatal and post natal quality care to patient and newborn infant in the labor and delivery room.
Responsibilities of Labor Room Registered Nurse
- Monitor vital signs of the mother and newborn infant.
- Provide postpartum care to the mothers.
- Assist mothers in breastfeeding and nursing the baby.
- Educate new mothers on how to care for their babies.
- Assist the Physician in the delivery room.
- Monitor fetal heart rate throughout the labor period.
- Provide support to patient in labor.
- Administer medications and assist the patients during birth.
- Perform tests on newborn after delivery.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s in Nursing from an Accredited nursing school.
- Valid and national nursing license.
- 2-3 years of experience as RN in labor and delivery.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of equipment used in labor room.
- Knows how to administer labor related medications.
- Willing to remain on call in case of emergency.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team work .