Mediclinic City Hospital Dubai (UAE) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Senior Registered Nurse Geriatric Emergency Room. Mediclinic is an international health care services group, founded in South Africa in 1983, with divisions in Switzerland, Southern Africa and Middle East. Middle East Mediclinic operates 7 hospitals in the UAE with over 950+ in patient beds, including newly opened Mediclinic Parkview Hospital in Dubai, as well as more than 24 clinics in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Dhafra. Emirate Mediclinic hospitals & clinics have state of the art equipment and highly skilled staff. Focused on clients, they follow a team approach in a dynamic environment as they enhance the quality of life of patients.
Purpose of A Senior Registered Nurse Geriatric ER
Lead and manage nursing team in the provision of patient centric and evidence based nursing care, operational efficiency and positive patient experiences.
Job Duties As A Senior Registered Nurse Geriatric Emergency Room At Mediclinic City Hospital Dubai (UAE)
- To provide strong leadership and management guidance to the team.
- To ensure evidenced based patient care practices are followed as per clinical standards.
- To ensure a positive patient care experience by developing employees and creating an environment for team engagement.
- To manage allocated clinical and non clinical resources in a cost effective and efficient manner to enhance safe patient care.
- To ensure compliance with legislative, regulatory and clinical standards to ensure continues quality improvement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a recognised or accredited Nursing Institute.
- At least 5 years nursing experience, most likely in an elder nursing environment.
- At least 2 years in a palliative or dementia care is desired.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Demonstrate the ability to implement all five stages of the scientific nursing process (assessment, planning, nursing diagnosis, implementation and evaluation).
- Relevant JCIA and other related governance and regulatory standards.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS office applications.
- Financial management principles.
- Risk management principles, systems and best practice.
- Stock control principles and management.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.