Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Refinery Trainer in Dubai, UAE. Founded in 1993, ENOC is a Dubai based state owned oil and gas company. ENOC operates in various segments of the energy sector, including exploration, production, refining and marketing of petroleum products. ENOC has a significant presence in Dubai & is responsible for managing the supply and distribution of petroleum products in the emirate. It also operates a network of service stations across Dubai and provides a wide range of fuel products, including gasoline, diesel and aviation fuel. In addition to its core business of oil and gas, ENOC has diversified into other areas such as aviation, lubricants and convenience stores.
Job Purpose of A Refinery Trainer
- Devise Operations training strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcome.
- Identify training and development needs and develop suitable training initiatives that build loyalty to EPCL.
- Develop training module or model to train to improve their competencies in refinery process units.
- Conduct field training in the process areas.
- Coordinate with other agencies for specific training in the areas of safety, fire fighting risk assessment etc.
Your Job Duties As A Refinery Trainer At ENOC Dubai, UAE
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses need and expectations.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods.
- Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development.
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor programs as necessary.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Identify training and development needs and drive suitable training initiatives.
- Devise technical training programs according to organizational requirements.
- Produce training schedules and classroom agenda.
- Determine course content according to objectives.
- Execute training sessions, webinars, work shops etc in groups or individually.
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed.
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs.
What You’ll Do More?
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements.
- Pursue a competency based training program to move our performance beyond a level that traditional training may not provide.
- Develop a training function that enhance employee’s skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
- Provide team support to other areas of operations excellence to bring out synergies between training programs and operations .
- Identify and assess future and current training needs of the operations organization.
- Develop / Manage / Maintain training plans that address the needs of the operations department.
- Conduct effective orientation programs and “field training” to the trainees.
- Monitor and evaluate the training programs effectiveness and provide a report on a weekly/ monthly basis.
- Manage training budget.
- Develops training schedules.
- Participates in Corporate Health, Safety, PSM and Environmental audits to verify that site training is properly documented and meets or exceeds organizational requirements.
- Bachelor degree certified by recognized institution or organization preferably by City & Guild (UK).
- Has 15 years practical training experience within refinery units or in a process Industry.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in unit operations.
- Proven experience as technical trainer.
- Experience in designing technical course content.
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer).
- Certified assessor course.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Must have computer know how.
- Thorough knowledge of Refinery process / Layout standards related to operations.
- Knowledge of EHS standards related to Refinery & fair.
- Knowledge of permit to work PTW system.
- Fluent English reading / writing skills including computer applications.
- Knowledge of modern training techniques.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint).
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds.