Community Development Authority
Community Development Authority Dubai (UAE) presently has a job opening for suitably qualified candidates for position of an Addiction Recovery (Rehab) Practitioner. Established in 2008, Community Development Authority (CDA) is responsible for setting up and developing a frame work for social development in Dubai. It aims to achieve the goals out lined in the Dubai Strategic Plans. CDA is in charge for the overall supervision to achieve social sector outputs and provisions of social services in order to create a good management system for the development of social services in the Emirate.
Job Purpose of An Addiction Recovery Practitioner
- Provide support and guide individuals seeking recovery from addiction.
- Formulate recovery, rehabilitation or counseling plans to make a healthy community.
Your Job Duties As An Addiction Recovery (Rehab) Practitioner At CDA Dubai (UAE)
- Participate in initial evaluation of customers when registering in the center or in penal and correctional institutions.
- Prepare initial treatment / rehabilitation plans necessary for each customer.
- Prepare rehabilitation & counseling plans related to development and growth of recovery according to the cases.
- Provide individual and group counseling sessions for the center members or inmates in penal or correctional institutions.
- Participate in internal rehabilitation activities and programs for clients in the center or penal institution.
- Participate in evaluation of cases of relapse & take necessary / appropriate decisions by giving recommendations for updating rehabilitation plans or refer cases to the concerned specialists.
- Documenting rehabilitation activities of those affiliated with rehabilitation centers in their files / data bases for follow up.
- Participate in subsequent follow up plans for recovered members.
- Participate in recovered members rehabilitation & integration into society to ensure non recurrence.
- Participate with the treatment team in various community and family awareness activities by giving lectures.
- Conduct work shops with aim to increase the know how of society and family groups about harms of addiction.
- Adhere to the information security policy and ensure the secrecy of information.
- Any other tasks within the scope of the job.
Who Can Apply?
- Recognized Diploma in Rehabilitation Recovery.
- Minimum of 5 years recovery experience or recovery counseling.
- Recognized certificate in addiction treatment.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (spoken and written).