Unilever presently has an opening for experienced and motivated candidates for the job position of a R&D Specialist in Dubai, UAE. The selected aspirant will join the Research / development department. This job was published by company on 11 September 2023 and is now open for all those candidates who have strong desire to apply for this role.
Job Purpose of A R&D Specialist
To implement agreed development / deployment activities on time and in full.
Job Duties of A R&D Specialist
- Ensures that all product / process activities necessary to support Arabia roadmap of new product launches is conducted professionally and within agreed timeframes.
- Is responsible for the technical interface and work closely with Category / 3PMs/ technical / manufacturing / quality teams at all production sites to ensure smooth introduction of new products / processes.
- Ensures to use Unilever best practice in terms of Global Management Practices (GMP) throughout any launch cycle.
- Ensures that all necessary product/consumer microbiological & toxicological safety clearances are obtained for raw materials, wet products, promotional items and other food contact materials.
- Ensures that new product launches complies with local needs (legislation, storage, distribution etc.) in the markets in which they are going to be sale our.
- Provides support to legal teams as appropriate when dealing with regulatory bodies.
- Provides development support for cost effectiveness programmes.
- Continuously look for ways to improve effective material utilization and efficiency (cost saving studies).
- Works with raw material suppliers to establish new sources of supply and improve quality and costs.
- Responsible for technical interface with all third party (co-packers, suppliers etc.) to ensure smooth introduction of new products / processes.
- Maintains the highest quality standards, safe working practices and care for the environment through compliance to Concern and Company codes of business principles, policies, and guidelines.
- Is responsible for detailed management of ingredient specifications through Interspec (data management system).
- Is responsible for creating specs.
- Updating the nutritional data of all wet and dry products and uploading on global nutrition score.
- Bachelor’s in a relevant field such as food science, food Technology, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- 2-3 years work experience in Foods.
- Understands food and / or chemistry.
- Arabic speaker / Fluent in English.