Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC)
Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) presently requires suitably skilled and educated candidate for job role of a Senior Radioactive Waste Management Specialist. The candidate will work at ENEC / Nawah Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in Abu Dhabi. This jobs was listed ny ENEC on 6 September 2023 & is now welcoming applications of all desirous candidates.
Purpose of A Senior Radioactive Waste Mamagement Specialist
- Guide implementation of radioactive waste management process for solid radioactive waste and clearance level waste.
- Administer Solid Radwaste System (SRS) as per the regulatory requirements for predisposal management of radioactive waste.
Job Duties of A Senior Radioactive Waste Management Specialist
- Execute radioactive waste & clearance level waste management process to ensure proper handling & disposal of radioactive waste.
- Execute radioactive waste minimization plan to minimize radioactive waste generation and associated costs.
- Operate scaling factor program of radioactive waste to evaluate radioactive inventory of waste.
- Implement and administer Solid Radwaste System (SRS) to ensure solidified radwaste complies with the disposal criteria.
- Execute on site radioactive waste transport and storage process to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Carry out inventory management activities of radioactive waste treatment equipment and expendables to enable efficient waste management operations.
- Support operation of Radioactive Waste Management Committee to facilitate efficient and effective committee operation.
- Conduct Radioactive Material Packaging /Control to ensure safe operations at the plant.
- Handle, ship, manage & dispose radwaste.
- Maintain radwaste treatment equipment and expendables.
- Follow identified training needs to develop and enhance necessary technical knowledge and skills.
- Provide training feedback on program effectiveness with evaluation of operator performance to enable improvement in training programs.
- Endorse strong As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles and support waste minimization and plant objectives.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor of Science degree in relevant field.
- Essential: 5 years of relevant experience.
- Desired: 5 years of relevant experience, out of which, 1 year of Nuclear Power Plant experience & 3 months of BNPP site experience.