Emirates Airline is seeking a qualified candidate for the job position of Public Relations Officer / PR Person in Dubai, UAE. With over 160 Nationalities, Emirates Airline is truly a Global Organisation with talented people employed from every Continent. It connects the world to, and through, its global hub in Dubai. The Airline operates Modern, Efficient and Comfortable aircraft, and the culturally diverse Workforce delivers Award-winning services to Emirates’ customers across six continents every day. Take this chance to join Emirates and enjoy an Attractive tax-free salary and Exclusive travel benefits, including Discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world.
Role of Public Relations Officer
At Emirates Airline UAE (Dubai), the job role of a Public Relations Officer / PR Person is to Implement PR activities in support of Emirates Group businesses, under the Supervision of the Public Relations Manager, in order to gain positive publicity in the media worldwide. The PR Officer will also manage media familiarization trips.
Responsibilities of Public Relations Officer
- The Publicist will write original news releases and other media materials on the new Developments and Achievements of Emirates. He will distribute the same to targeted media in order to attain good coverage in the media worldwide.
- Provide Editorial support on all media and internal communications collaterals, including content research and translation as required, including feature stories, posters, and leaflets.
- Proactively engage, and seek to build good relationships with the media, in order to secure story opportunities for Emirates’ stories.
- Manage journalist visits to Dubai, or to Emirates’ Destinations.
What you’ll do
- Work with Public Relations Managers to prepare their Itineraries.
- Assist managers with hosting media family groups . This includes briefing the journalists when they arrive, escorting such trips, and facilitating interviews and meetings with key executives as required.
- Respond to queries from the media, with carefully researched and approved information.
- Maintain Consistency of the information provided to different media, and that such disclosure is within the corporate policy.
- Organize and be present at Interviews given by senior managers of Emirates Group to Journalists and on occasion to direct photography in order to maintain interest in the operations of the Emirates group and to enhance media coverage.
- Maintain and frequently update the media contacts list, in order to ensure effective media outreach.
Qualification & Experience
- University Degree in Journalism / Communications/public relations or related fields.
- A minimum of 3 year print journalism experience and/or Public Relations experience in a large company or PR consulting firm.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and spoken English. Any additional language will be beneficial.
- Should understand the media, how it works and what journalists require.
- Adept in using social media and other forms of digital content as part of the PR activity planning and execution.
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft applications such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Should have a pleasing personality as he/she will have to deal with the press, outside agencies and staff at all levels in Emirates.