Emirates Airline presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of a Public Relation Officer (Corporate Communication) on contract basis in Dubai, UAE. Emirates connects the world to, and through, its global hub in Dubai. The airline operates Modern, Efficient and Comfortable aircrafts. Its Culturally diverse workforce delivers Award-winning services to customers across six Continents every day. As a Global Organization, Emirates Airline is committed to ethical business practices with the belief that Long‑term, successful business relationships are built on Honesty, Fairness and the Strength of products and services. Join their team in Dubai and enjoy an Attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to its industry.
Job Purpose of A Public Relation Officer (Corporate Communications)
The successful incumbent will implement PR activities in support of Emirates Group businesses, under the supervision of the Public Relations Manager, in order to gain positive publicity in the media worldwide and to manage media familiarization trips.
Job Duties of A Public Relation Officer (Corporate Communications) At Emirates Airline Dubai UAE
- Write original news releases and other media materials on the new developments and achievements of Emirates Group, and distribute the same to targeted media in order to attain good coverage in the media worldwide.
- Provide editorial support on all media and internal communications collaterals, including content research and translation as required, including feature stories, posters, and leaflets.
- Proactively engage, and seek to build good relationships with the media, in order to secure story opportunities for Emirates stories.
- Manage journalist visits to Dubai, or to Emirates destinations, working with Public Relations Managers to prepare their itineraries.
- Assist managers with hosting media fam groups, this includes briefing the journalists when they arrive, escorting such trips, and facilitating interviews and meetings with key executives as required.
- Respond to queries from the media, with carefully researched and approved information in order to maintain consistency of the information provided to different media, and that such disclosure is within the corporate policy.
- Organise and be present at interviews given by senior managers of Emirates Group to journalists and on occasion to direct photography in order to maintain interest in the operations of the Emirates group and to enhance media coverage.
- Maintain and frequently update the media contacts list, in order to ensure effective media outreach.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma or University degree in Journalism / Communications / Public Relations or related fields experience.
- Minimum of 3 year print Journalism experience and / or Public Relations experience in a large company or PR consulting firm.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Knowledge / training of excellent written and spoken English, any additional language will be beneficial.
- The job holder should understand the media, how it works and what journalists require.
- Adept in using social media and other forms of digital content as part of the PR activity planning and execution.
- Working knowledge of standard microsoft applications such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Should have a pleasing personality as he / she will have to deal with the press, outside agencies and staff at all levels in Emirates.