Community Development Authority
Community Development Authority Dubai presently has a job opportunity for the position of a Psychologist. Established in 2008, CDA is responsible for setting up and developing a frame work for social development in Dubai. It aims to achieve the goals out lined in the Dubai Strategic Plans. CDA is in charge for the overall supervision to achieve social sector outputs and provisions of social services in order to create an efficient management system for the development of social services in the emirate.
Job Purpose of A Psychologist
- Conducting a psychological evaluation for the center members or inmates in penal and correctional institutions.
- Applying psychological rehabilitation programs and post care for recovering addicts in an effort to rehabilitate and empower them in society.
Your Job Duties As A Psychologist At Community Development Authority Dubai
- Develop rehabilitation and treatment programs and approve them according to the best scientific practices.
- Receiving cases and conduct psychological assessment using observation, interview and psychological examination methods.
- Develop initial psychological plan based on initial diagnostic impression / assesment carried out.
- Providing group psychotherapy sessions according to the set treatment plan (through the treatment team).
- Provide individual psychotherapy sessions as per appropriate therapeutic schools such as behavioral, cognitive, dynamic.
- Provide support, counseling & family treatment sessions or psychotherapy sessions for the families of members or inmates.
- Reviewing treatment plans through meetings with the treatment team in order to determine their suitability for cases.
- Search for alternative treatment plans when needed.
- Supervise meetings of treatment team & make recommendations to develop, implement and follow up on agreed treatment plans.
- Train members of treatment team to help them acquire more therapeutic & cognitive skills through lectures & work shops.
- Document the results of psychological assessment in the case files and entering them into the case management system.
- Participate with the treatment team in community and family awareness activities by giving lectures and work shops to increase know how of society and family groups about the problems and harms of abuse and addiction.
- Communicate and exchange experiences and knowledge with partners such as Dubai Police, Irada Center, National Rehabilitation Center in Abu Dhabi etc.
- Adhere to the information security policy and procedures approved by the Authority and ensure confidentiality of information.
- Any other duties within the scope of job.
Who Can Apply?
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology.
- Preference: Master’s degree in psychology.
- 1-3 years of experience in the field of Psychology.
- Priority for expertise in the field of addiction treatment.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (spoken and written).