Dubai Customs presently has a job opening for suitably qualified candidate for the position of a Project Engineer. Dubai Customs is a leading Government Department taking part in enhancing sustainable development and promoting Dubai’s image worldwide. It works relentlessly to deliver top notch services to clients by innovating new ways & methods to facilitate Customs Procedures, in line with Dubai Government Strategic Plan. Organization endeavors to consolidate the Emirate’s position, maintain rates of economic growth & support creativity / innovation within UAE. Dubai Customs also plays a key role in protecting the community from the infiltration of drugs and prohibited goods to local use.
Job Purpose of A Project Engineer
Oversee and cover technical aspects of Dubai Customs projects, ensuring completion within scope, budget and agreed timelines.
Job Duties of A Project Engineer
- Manage and supervise the construction, operations or maintenance activities at project site on behalf of Dubai Customs.
- Review the technical analyses of tenders, execution of projects, cost control, quality control & completion of project within agreed time.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction or program modifications and structural repairs to consultants / Contractors.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or standards.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Evaluate Consultants / Contractors design by computing load and grade requirements, water flow rates and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Prepare concept drawings, TOR for Dubai Customs requirements and get necessary approval from Senior Manager Project Development.
- Liaise with Local Authorities such as TRAKHEES/DEWA/DM/RTA/ETISALAT/DU etc as and when required prior/during/after execution of the projects.
- Conduct technical evaluation of Dubai Customs construction projects and provide necessary inputs to management for decision making.
- Technical evaluation of hired Contractor & Consultants.
- Coordination with Consultants & Contractors for construction activities.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance section.
- Performs all the assigned tasks with reliability & honesty.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil or any relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Civil Engineering projects.
- Middle East experience will be a plus.