Unilever is currently searching for qualified and competent candidates for the job role of a Process Engineer in Dubai, UAE. The selected aspirant will form part of Supply Chain discipline. This job was listed by company on 14 September 2023 and all desirous candidates can apply for this position.
Job Purpose of A Process Engineer
- The Process Engineer role is critical to the development of our factories to World Class, which means zero defects, zero waste and zero losses and to lead the change management role on projects.
- Ensuring all inputs are available, factory is geared up for new innovations, VIP, product transfers, rollouts, recipe changes, line extension within an agreed time plan.
- You will apply extensively the full range of Focused Improvement and Quality and EEM pillar methods and tools to counter losses identified in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost Deployment, Customer Service and Logistics and optimize the cost for projects.
Job Duties of A Process Engineer
- Working directly with the line crews on a daily basis the Process Engineer also acts as the technical trainer for line teams and provides coaching in phenomena identification, root cause analysis and the establishment of countermeasures as well as involving them early on the projects. He / she is single point of contact for R&D and Cluster Engineering team regarding innovation, VIP and other projects.
- Conduct technical risk assessments for projects.
- Prepare and execute factory trials, including budgeting, report results and develop process manuals. Supervise 1st productions and conduct relevant training for operators.
- Responsible for the validation of all process improvements and the establishment of revised basic conditions on the line. Eliminate losses and wastes.
- Increase the stability of the line to support the transition of traditional line teams to semi-autonomous teams.
- Eliminate Waste and Loss according to the WCM prioritization process using AM, PM, FI and QC pillar tools and methodologies.
- Create Technical Standards to ensure process stability on the line.
- Train line crews on technical standards and restoration of basic conditions (Stability sustainability).
- Identify and extend good practice to other lines.
- Application and accuracy of MMP Code data.
- NPDs, VIPs, recipe changes, product transfer and line extension projects OTIF and within budget; from technical feasibility assessment through capex preparation and technical installation to trials and first productions.
- Process manuals and training for operators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in similar role, preferably in FMCG industry.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge from previous practice with evidence of elimination wastes and losses from production lines.
- Must possess strong engineering leadership credentials with a proven ability to manage significant projects.
- Able to clearly understand operating principles and establish correct operating standards.
- Able to present findings and rationales clearly so that whole factory team can understand.
- Able to make logical decisions based on data.
- Able to manage stakeholders for projects
- Experience in statistics and process control tools.
- Passion for Growth.
- Team Commitment.
- Excellent communication skills.