Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC)
Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) / Nawah (a subsidiary of ENEC) is presently accepting applications from qualified aspirants for the job role of Principal Licensing Engineer. Aspiring candidate will undergo proper testing / selection procedure & after selection, candidate may will be asked to work at Barakah Nuclear Power Plant located in Abu Dhabi. This job has been published by ENEC on 1 September 2023 and is now open to all aspirants.
Purpose of A Principal Licensing Engineer
Perform Nawah licensing and regulatory affairs activities and tasks for the safe and reliable operation of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant so as to meet the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) regulatory requirements, documents, coordination and approvals in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties of A Principal Licensing Engineer
- Support senior members of the Licensing staff in developing and executing strategies to resolve complex regulatory issues.
- Prepare licensing documentation to meet all technical and regulatory requirements.
- Assess regulatory topics and develop technical and regulatory strategies to resolve regulatory issues associated with operating licenses or license applications.
- Critically evaluate, prepare and submit responses to regulator requests for additional information to ensure accurate and timely response.
- Prepare and communicate licensing and compliance documents (e.g. reports, responses to questions, presentations etc) to meet all requirements and achieve desired outcomes.
- Prepare licensing documents in a timely manner to be in accordance with Nawah procedures and processes.
- Prepare presentations to address topics of interest with FANR.
- Develop regulatory processes and procedures for use by Nawah in carrying out the licensing function.
- Support the inspections by the regulator by reviewing potential issues, participating in self assessments & facilitating inspections by active interface with inspectors to enhance inspection quality.
- Coordinate resolution of regulatory issues with impacted functions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review draft regulations and industry operating experience to identify emerging regulatory issues and develop strategies for addressing these issues.
- Suggest cost effective methods of implementing actions to ensure compliance with new regulations.
- Interface with other regulators as required such as Environmental Agency Abu Dhabi (EAD) or outside organizations such as International Atomic Energy Agency (AEA) as needed to provide input or answer questions that are related to the licensing basis.
- Provide support for training and instruction to other Nawah departments as needed to ensure organizational excellence.
Who Can Apply?
- Essential: Bachelor degree in Engineering.
- Desired: Master’s degree in Engineering or science discipline.
- Essential: 8 years of relevant experience.
- Desired: 5 years of nuclear power plant licensing and regulatory affairs experience & 2 years of nuclear power plant experience in engineering and/or plant operation.
- SRO/RO Certificate or equivalent training.