Emirates Airline is looking for an experienced applicant for the job position of Policy Manager – Human Resources in Dubai, UAE. Emirates connects the world to, and through, its global hub in Dubai. The airline operates Modern, Efficient and Comfortable aircrafts. Its Culturally diverse workforce delivers Award-winning services to customers across six Continents every day. As a Global Organization, Emirates Airline is committed to ethical business practices with the belief that Long‑term, Successful business relationships are built on Honesty, Fairness and the Strength of products and services. Join their team in Dubai and enjoy an Attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to its industry.
Scope of Policy Manager
At Emirates Airline Dubai (UAE), the job purpose of a Policy Manager – Human Resources (HR) is playing a lead role in the global HR Policy team, supporting the team through analysis, reviewing and development of global HR Policies. The HR Policy Manager will regularly assess and update existing HR policies with a focus on opportunities for further simplification, ease of interpretation and consistency of application across Emirates’ International employee group.
Responsibilities of Policy Manager
- Develop Progressive HR policy content aligned to Strategic objectives, considering the needs of Employees and Business, focusing on Modernisation of style, content, language and accessibility.
- Engage with multiple stakeholders in the design, implementation, and communication of HR policy across the company.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in the change activity through Coaching and Upskilling. Support with strategies for practical implementation.
- Review Policies and Guidelines to ensure Compliance with audit requirements and legal obligations.
- Provide policy advisory and guidance, as necessary.
- Monitor trends and identify Innovative ways for the team to manage future policy communication and related questions.
- Focus on Continuous Improvement, Developing and Embedding a process for horizon/environment scanning by capturing Intelligence and Analysing. Reporting on it with a view to supporting future planning and decision making.
- Knowledge Management of HR policy and related content with the aim of enhancing the customer experience, simplifying policy update and maintenance, and resulting in efficiency gains for both the HR Policy team and Customers.
Your Job Duties as HR Policy Manager ( Emirates Airline Dubai)
- Manage Periodic review and the ongoing Development of Companywide contracts of employment / offer letters.
- Ensure Compliance with local Legislation and company policy and ensuring the content is user friendly, while protecting the company interest. This also includes Project Management of the Contract Management System (CMS), identifying potential improvements to the existing framework and analysing new laws/regulations and contract trends to determine changes/updates required.
- In the absence of Manager HR Policy, provide support to SVP HR C&B.
- Collaborate with the team to manage the daily work schedules. Act as the HR Policy Representative on other forums as required.
- Support the Development and Implementation of new HR policies that recognize Legislative requirements. Balance the interest of the company and employees. Demonstrate Effectiveness and Consistency of approach.
- Engage with International Colleagues to support consistent application of HR policies and Identification of specific regional or country level requirements.
- Regularly assess and update existing HR policies with a focus on opportunities for further simplification.
- Continually review market trends, findings, and observations to assess need for new policy development or policy changes to align to company culture. Mitigate any risk to the company while providing value added policy services for our employees.
Qualification & Experience
- University Degree.
- Human Resources / Manpower Planning Experience of 8+ Years.
- Experience of Extensive policy design and Implementation for both start up scenarios and evolution of existing content.
- Previous experience in an HR policy role focusing on Modernisation of style, content, language and accessibility.
- Proven experience of working pro-actively and in partnership with colleagues in other work areas.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to apply Professional/Specialist knowledge to analyse complex problems and Recommend solutions/plans of action.
- HR Systems knowledge, with previous experience of partnering with an IT function on system solutions.
- High level of written and verbal Communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information in a concise and User-friendly way.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely specialist guidance on complex issues.
- Ability to use Influencing and Negotiating skills to develop Understanding and gain Co-operation.
- Should be Confident and Professional.