Wood UAE is presently looking for suitably qualified candidate for job position of a Planning Engineer. The candidate will form part of Wood Abu Dhabi Engineering Team. This job has recently been posted by Wood UAE and is now open for all aspirants / desirous candidates.
Purpose of A Planning Engineer
To determine and develop the most suitable and economically viable construction and engineering methods for projects.
Job Duties of A Planning Engineer
- To Implement best planning and scheduling practices in compliance with Wood procedures.
- Provides planning focal point for specific project scopes.
- Develop and maintain planning control structures in alignment with project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Develop and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software.
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions and others as required, including third parties and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
- Provide copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Produce and issue updates to project plans, schedules and project manpower requirements.
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones.
- Attend internal project progress and performance status meetings.
- Delegate and manage the work of subordinate Project Controls planning staff.
- Provide guidance and support to subordinate project controls planning staff.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are assessing properly and includes in the schedules.
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance with relevant planning procedure.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes.
Who Can Apply?
- Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Hydrocarbon Industry.
- Atleast 4 years experience in Engineering planning positions.
- Must have expert knowledge of manual and computerized project planning and scheduling techniques and P6 experience.