National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) is presently hiring for position of a Senior Piping Engineer. The incumbent will deliver his expertise/skills at NPCC Engineering discipline operations (Piping Engineering Operations) in Abu Dhabi. This job has been listed by NPCC on 4 September 2023 and is welcoming all eligible candidates to submit applications.
Purpose of A Senior Piping Engineer
- Responsible for review of enquiry documentation and scope of work and for carrying out allocated duties related to the preparation, checking and the issue of Engineering deliverables.
- Conduct site visits and close liaison with the drafting office coordinator.
- Can be seconded to work as Project Engineering Coordinators based on the size and complexity of the assigned project.
Job Duties of A Senior Piping Engineer
- Receives allocated duties & reviews enquiry documentation from client together with scope of work to understand what is required.
- Raises queries where there is lack of clarity. Interfaces with other disciplines to ensure integration of activities.
- Creates drawings and document register to ensure all deliverables are accountable and completed on time.
- Prepares specifications, data sheets and undertakes calculations to meet requirements of allocated tasks.
- Coordinates with drafting office coordinator for the checking and issuing of drawings.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for information flow as per schedule and project requirement.
- Review documents received from NPCC’s sister companies.
- Prepares the PR, including bill of materials, specifications, datasheets / drawings inspection test requirements and vendor data requirements.
- Undertakes technical evaluations of vendor offers for the more complex items to satisfy PR’s technical details.
- Undertakes pre engineering site surveys in order to provide input information to facilitate detailed engineering.
- Provides reports on project progress against the approved plans and budgets, bringing to notice potential problems or delays and recommends solutions.
- Prepares man hour estimates for Engineering deliverables.
Who Can Apply?
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 6 years total engineering experience and minimum 5 years in the oil and gas industry.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Supervisory potential.
- Good understanding of specific Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of Engineering software in stress analysis, 3D modelling etc.
- Command of written & spoken English.
- Good technical knowledge and skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good planning and decision making skills.
- Conversant to relevant codes & standards.