NMC Healthcare (NMC Royal Hospital, DIP, Dubai) presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of a Pharmacist in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1974, NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and largest private healthcare company in UAE. NMC plays an integral part in supporting the UAE’s healthcare system & its continuous growth and progress. With a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, allied health and support personnel, NMC owns numerous Healthcare facilities in the UAE. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long Term and Home Care, Medical Centers, Day Surgery Centers, Operations and Management.
Job Purpose of A Pharmacist
To ensure the safe and effective use of medications by dispensing prescriptions, providing medication information, and promoting overall health and well being.
Your Job Duties As A Pharmacist
- Dispense medications to medical outpatient / inpatient per outpatient prescription or inpatient medication.
- Reviews and interprets each prescription / medication order before dispensing to a certain correctness of strength, dose instructions and dosage form.
- Provides appropriate patient information concerning the dispensed medications.
- Advise / questions / clarified any prescription abnormality with the prescribing physician. Any unresolved problems are referred to chief pharmacist.
- Answers drug related inquiries received from physicians, dentist and nurses. Those inquiries which cannot be answered with certainty are to be referred to the chief pharmacist.
- Assists in the training of new pharmacist staff.
- Performs specialty pharmacy activities, as delegated and trained.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties, as directed by the chief pharmacist
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited college or school of pharmacy.
- At least 2 years experience in a hospital as a pharmacist.
- Current license in country of origin with DHA license to practice Dubai, UAE.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Thorough knowledge of UAE Laws, company policies, regulations precedents applicable to the area of work.
- Good command of English.
- Arabic is desirable but not essential.
- Good communication skills.