American Hospital Dubai
American Hospital Dubai, UAE is seeking a qualified and experienced candidate for the job of Senior Pharmacist / Chemist. American Hospital is a premier private healthcare provider in the Middle East, providing world-class medical service to the community. It is the first hospital in the Middle East to be awarded the JCI. The hospital is also the inaugural member of the prestigious Mayo Care Network. Furthermore, the first facility to execute robotic surgery in Dubai, American Hospital cements its position as a pioneer of Digital Transformation.
Role of Senior Pharmacist
At American Hospital Dubai (UAE), the job role of a Senior Pharmacist / Chemist is to provide Leadership role for staff in Performance of functions involved in the safe, efficient distribution of Medications, in accordance with Relevant laws, rules, Regulations and Standards of Pharmaceutical care.
- Actively participates in the Departmental Quality Improvement Program.
- Actively participates in Departmental motivational program to enhance patient / customer relations.
- Reviews Physician’s orders and prescriptions to ensure appropriateness of drug therapy.
- Inputs Physician’s Medication orders into Pharmacy Patient Medication Profile and maintains this profile and related records.
- Monitors patient medication profile in order to prevent Drug Interactions, Allergic and Adverse drug reactions.
- Maintains Adequate stock levels of Controlled Medications.
- Maintains proper records of all Scheduled Medications as per MOH.
- Controlled drug records are kept up to date for MOH Inspections.
- Follow the MOH rules and regulations to keep the American hospital Dubai maintain the best standard of care.
Your Duties as Senior Pharmacist
- Provide drug information and Communicate with Prescribers, nurses and other staff regarding drug therapy or safe drug handling.
- Supervise OP Pharmacists, Senior Technician I’s Pharmacy Technician II’s and other support staff in the performance of assigned duties.
- Maintain high level of offhand compounding utilizing up to date References and Procedures.
- Clarify any Physician’s medication order with the Physician. Transcribe physician’s telephoned orders onto physician’s order sheet for Counter-signing by the physician.
- Conduct quality improvement tasks in conjunction with other staff members.
- Perform patient teaching functions on appropriate use of medications.
- Monitor and oversee that the Pharmacy is kept in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- Perform quality control checks and proper inventory and expiry control of OP pharmacy stock and OP clinics floor stocks in accordance with Departmental Procedures.
- Prepare and Supervise the preparation of offhand compounded medications, including products requiring aseptic techniques.
- Conduct Orientation, Training, and Educational programs to new OP staff.
- Gather and Analyse data for selected drug utilization reviews.
- Perform all duties in a Professional, Effective and Confidential manner.
- Perform all other duties as required or assigned.
What qualifies you for the role?
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or equivalent.
- Current License or Registration to practice pharma.
- Current Active DHA Registration.
- Minimum of Five (5) years Post-graduate experience in pharma practice.
- Knowledge of actions, side effects, adverse effects, and appropriate use of commonly employed drugs.
- Knowledge of current technology and pharmacy systems for distribution of medications.
- Knowledge of Pharma and Medical terminology abbreviations and symbols.