Wood is currently looking for candidates for job position of a Senior PACO Designer (Process Automation Control and Optimization) to join their team in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1910, Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. Wood provides consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries including UAE. It has a large diverse work force employing around 35,000 people, delivering various services to clients in energy, industrial and infra structure sectors.
Job Purpose of A Senior PACO Designer
Review appropriate specifications and design briefs to produce and develop instrument and control design drawings and documents relating to a wide range of industrial equipment for industries such as oil and gas.
Your Job Duties As A Senior PACO (Process Automation Control & Optimization) Designer At Wood Dubai (UAE)
- Carry out assigned Instrument design work as part of a multi discipline project team.
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations.
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project’s, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements.
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction
- Preparation and checking of all types of Electrical and Instrument design deliverables such as block diagrams, schematics, layout drawings, termination diagrams, schedules, loop diagrams, hook up arrangements, material take Offs etc.
- Interdisciplinary check of all civil, structural, piping, mechanical, electrical and Instrumentation drawings.
- Review of vendor drawings for equipment and package items.
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma qualification or HND in Instrument or Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in an engineering design company as an Instrument and Controls Designer.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Knowledge of site based project work involving field engineering & construction.
- Experience of working with multi national and multi cutural project teams.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Previous Onshore Oil and Gas related Electrical or Instrument design experience.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word.
- Experience of 3D modelling using SP3D / PDMS would be an advantage.