Dubai Ports (DP) World presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Network Security Specialist in Dubai, UAE. DP World was founded in 1972 as a local port operator in Dubai. Over the time, DP World has evolved from a single port operator to a global logistics provider with operations over 69 countries & across every continent. They are leading provider of worldwide smart end to end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across globe. Their range of products & services covers every link of the integrated supply chain, from maritime and inland terminals to marine services & industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions. DP World has a dedicated team of more than 100,000 employees from over 160 nationalities that ensure the smooth flow of trade.
Job Purpose of A Network Security Specialist
The job purpose of a Network Security Specialist is to protect and defend an organization’s computer networks from security threats and breaches.
Duties of A Network Security Specialist
- Administer, troubleshoot and manage network security solutions implemented in Shared Security Hubs, including next-generation firewalls, web application firewalls, security incident monitoring, etc.
- Povide prompt assistance to the BUs for any new requirements or network support concerns.
- Fine tune and implement configuration changes to security controls as per requirement.
- Carry out infrastructure related vulnerability assessments of IT systems to identifying potential vulnerabilities, make recommendations to control identified risks and work with those individuals to ensure they are implemented.
- Respond rapidly and effectively to IT security incidents, managing them as per DPW incident management life cycle, including performing forensics for evidence gathering and preservation.
- Periodically conduct risk assessment for existing firewall rules and for new change request submitted by the business.
- Maintain and monitor site-to-site connectivity established with global DP World sites.
- Work closely with internal teams (Network, Windows, Linux, BU IT) to continuously improve security posture in DP World group.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards and recommend best practices applicable to DP World group.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working, promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s Principles, values and culture.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Should have 8-10 years of experience in IT field with at least 5 years’ experience in Network Security, Managing Security Solutions.
- Hands on experience with CheckPoint, Fortinet Solutions, Check Point Multi-Domain and Azure Security is a must.
- Industry recognized professional certifications such as CCSA (Check Point Certified Security Administrator), CCSE (Check Point Certified Security Expert), Azure Fundamentals, Azure Administrator, etc.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Good understanding of cloud security (Azure, AWS etc.) is desirable.
- Exposure in creating technical documentation for security tools and procedures.
- Good understanding in E-commerce, logistics, supply chain & port operations applications will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Program and Project management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Team player and conflict management skills.
- Cultural awareness.
- Deep technical knowledge in IT technologies, operating systems, networking etc.
- Detailed technical knowledge of security vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Solid understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerability assessment and mitigation.