NMC Healthcare is seeking an experienced Medical Coder / Clinical Coding Officer for job opening at NMC Specialty Hospital in Abu Dhabi, UAE. NMC Healthcare is the largest private Healthcare company in the UAE. Over the last 48 years, NMC has earned the trust of millions because of its Personalized care, Genuine concern and a Sincere commitment to the overall Well-being of the communities it serves. NMC’s mission is to be the trusted Healthcare provider across the globe, driven by Excellence in Customized care offerings.
Role of Medical Coder
A Medical Coder / Clinical Coding Officer at NMC Specialty Hospital UAE (Abu Dhabi) has the job role of ensuring proper Coding, Abstracting and Auditing of Medical Records Documents in accordance with ICD-9-CM and CPT coding guidelines developed by AHIMA and American Medical Association respectively.
Responsibilities of Medical Coder
- The Incumbent checks and sequences the most accurate ICD-9-CM/CPT/HCPCS/DRG/Other codes for Diagnoses and Procedures for documented information.
- Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
- Prepares daily& monthly coding audit reports.
- Abstracts all Necessary Information from health records to identify Secondary Complications and Co-morbid conditions.
- Evaluates the record for Documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered.
Your Duties in this Role
- Ensure coding is as per DOH Guidelines and Regulations.
- As a Diagnostic Coder, provide feedback to Doctors regarding coding errors or oversights.
- Constantly update to the latest coding versions and DOH coding directives.
- Maintain intra and Interdepartmental Communication for the smooth functioning of the Department.
- Strictly adhere to Organization’s Regulations and Policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, OSHMS, DOH, JCI and ISO.
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement and participate and contribute to all the Quality Assurance activities of the service.
- Participate and Contribute in scheduled in-service training programs, In house activities, conferences or other programs as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality as per the agreement signed.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develop thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrate respect for them.
- Carry out other duties when requested by the Head of department.
What you need to succeed
- A Graduate in Allied Health Sciences or related areas.
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- At least Eight (2) years of coding experience as Diagnostic Coder.
- Computer Literacy.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.