Iranian Hospital Dubai
Iranian Hospital Dubai is seeking a Certified Medical Coder to join their team in UAE. This vacancy was recently published on the hospital’s website. Interested Candidates from all nationalities can make use of this opportunity.
Role of Medical Coder
Responsible for coding of medical cases and reviewing of medical records documented by physicians, nurses and other clinical staff.
Responsibilities of Medical Coder
- Check and sequence the most accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures for documented information.
- Evaluate the record for documentation consistency and adequacy.
- Ensure the validity and completion of the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the doctor.
- Abstract all necessary information from health records. Identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Provide training and guidance to other coders / Medical Records Technicians in coding.
- Update them with new coding regulations as and when it is necessary.
- Provide feedback to Doctors regarding coding errors or oversights.
- Constantly update to the latest coding versions and HAAD coding directives.
Education & Experience
- Graduation in Health information management or relavent field.
- 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- Coding Certification by AAPC / AHIMA.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of HIPPA and DHA / DOH regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English.