Burjeel Hospital presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Medical Coder (In Patient). The selected candidate will work at Burjeel Hospital located in Al Ain. The task of medical coder at Burjeel Hospital would be to translate medical procedures and diagnoses of all inpatients into universally recognized codes for billing and insurance purposes. This job has recently been posted by Burjeel Hospital and is now open for desirous applicants.
Job Purpose of A Medical Coder
Accurately translate medical diagnoses and procedures into standardized codes for billing, insurance claims and data analysis.
Job Duties of A Medical Coder
- Reviews medical records documented by physicians, nurses and other clinical staff.
- Keep all medical records in place with no missing documentation.
- Checks and sequences the most accurate ICD10- CM/CPT/HCPCS/DRG/Other codes for diagnoses and procedures for documented information.
- Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures stated by the physician are valid and complete.
- Ensure coding is as per DOH guidelines and regulations.
- Provide feedback to doctors regarding coding errors or oversights.
- Constantly update to the latest coding versions and DOH coding directives.
- Maintain intra and interdepartmental communication for the smooth functioning of department.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in Allied Health Sciences or related areas.
- Minimum 2 years of coding experience.
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Arabic language advantageous / desirable.
- Must communicate in a timely manner and exhibit good listening skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple task, adjust to changing priorities and work within deadlines.