Aspen Medical presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Medical Coder in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Established in 2003, Aspen Medical is a global provider of innovative healthcare solutions across a diverse range clients in government, NGOs & private sectors. Its services include healthcare project management, workforce solutions, establishing and managing healthcare clinics and hospitals, mobile health facilities and training and advisory services. Aspen Medical is only commercial organisation in world certified by World Health Organization (WHO) as an Emergency Medical Team for infectious disease outbreaks and trauma surgical operations.
Job Purpose of A Medical Coder
Mainly responsible with the insurance claims submission to Insurance Billing Manager and coordinate with insurance companies for UniTeam Medical healthcare facilities.
Job Duties of A Medical Coder
- Comply with all guideline requirements regarding coding procedures and practices.
- Coordinate with the physicians and other clinicians to ensure treatment codes are accurately received.
- Review codes and charge entry into the billing system in a timely manner.
- Corresponds with insurance coordinators and healthcare professionals to resolve denied claims and other related issues.
- Evaluate and investigate rejected claims.
- Adhere to the HAAD Claims & Adjudication rules, Insurer and coding guidelines.
- Ensures to reduce rejections and get claim paid at the initial submission of claims.
- Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy.
- Prepare documentation and other requirements for audits conducted by the insurance companies and other regulatory bodies.
- Always maintains patient confidentiality.
- Must always comply with the Company’s Code of Professional Conduct.
- Perform other duties as directed by Admin Manager.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years coding experience in UAE in outpatient coding for hospitals, clinic or other related healthcare facility.
- Certified coder from AAPC (CPC/COC), AHIMA (CCS) or equivalent.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Proficient in ICD 10, CPT 4, HCPCS coding conventions.
- Good knowledge in guidelines for healthcare facilities and insurance claims.
- Knowledge on insurance claim process.
- Sound knowledge of coding concepts for both provider & payer environment.
- Excellent English communication oral and written.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel is a must.
- Flexibility in working patterns to meet the needs of the service as when required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Promotes a positive work environment.
- Fluent English speaker.