Wood UAE is currently recruiting for a PMC Senior Marine and Coastal Engineer in Abu Dhabi. Desirous candidates with extensive experience in oil and gas petrochemical industry can apply at this position to be part of the well renowned company.
Job Purpose of A Marine And Coastal Engineer
Designing, planning, and managing projects related to coastal and marine environments to ensure their sustainable development and protection.
Responsibilities of A Marine And Coastal Engineer
- To provide, with full responsibility and accountability, technical services to the Project in the areas of Marine Terminal Jetties, mooring dolphins, breasting dolphins, beacon / buoy, pipe trestles, walkways, gangways, and their foundation and structural ensuring that designs are in compliance with the latest Codes, Standards, Procedures and Practices.
- Lead and manage various technical studies such as Mooring Analysis, Fast and Real Time Navigational Analysis Studies, berthing occupancies studies, dredging requirement studies, Marine constructability study, gangway selection study, and other Studies related to Marine Terminals.
- Carry out various calculations and analysis like Vessel Mooring analysis, ship loading platform capacity assessments, pipe access trestle design, breasting and mooring dolphin designs, access catwalk designs.
- Design & selection of Marine Equipment like Fenders, Capstan, gangways, Chokes, Quick Release Mooring Hooks, navigational aids etc.
- Leading the identification and adoption of appropriate dredging standards, with main consideration of UAE national standards and norms.
- Gather, research and analyses pertinent data and information and prepares recommendations with supporting technical data.
- Liaise with other Discipline Engineers and End-Users, coordinates with external consultant, in order to develop cost effective and fit for purpose design solutions, to fit project requirements.
- Prepare specifications and work scopes and assists in tender evaluation process.
- Provides Projects with technical content of Project Development and Execution Plans, including defining design and construction criteria and procurement strategies for critical items like fenders, Quick Release Hooks, structural steel.
- Knowledge related to environmental sensitivity related to underwater scenarios is an advantage.
You’ll Do More
- Provide technical expertise and support for design, procurement and construction of project, ensuring the quality and cost control of the works according to the contracts requirements.
- To review the Contractors design documents
- To assure the design is in line with the Company’s specification and in compliance with applicable standards and codes.
- To interface with the others engineering disciplines and other departments to properly and timely develop the projects.
- To manage and validate the site design changes originated by construction and installation reasons.
- To verify and manage the interface engineering of the packages designed by the different Contractors.
- To support the Technical Services Team in processing from the technical point of view Technical Queries (TQs), Concession Requests (CRs), Project Change Notices (PCNs) and Claims.
- To verify the availability of AFC drawings in order not to jeopardize the sequence of the construction activities as scheduled.
- To assist the Construction Team to achieve the project technical requirements.
- To verify the completeness and correctness of the AS BUILT drawing.
- Hold a bachelor degree in Civil / Structural / Marine Discipline.
- Minimum 15 years of overall experience and minimum 10 years of experience as marine engineer in a reputed engineering organization in the oil and Gas industry, preferably in the Middle East.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience Heavy Construction, Port Construction and Marine Engineering.
- Experience in EPC Projects and ADNOC Projects.
- Familiar with ADNOC Standards and procedures.
- Previous experience in Sulphur handling projects is preferrable.
- Previous PMC experience is preferrable.
- Coastal studies including hydrodynamic and wave penetration.
- Mooring Analysis.
- Navigation Study.
- Met-ocean studies.
- Coastal & Environmental impact assessment.
- Dredging assessment.
- Geotechnical, bathymetric surveys etc.
- Design of marine structures including foundation design for loading arm, quadrant beam.