Dubai Customs UAE is presently accepting applications from desirous candidates for the job position of a Maintenance Officer. Dubai Customs is a leading Government Department taking part in enhancing sustainable development and promoting Dubai’s image worldwide. It works relentlessly to deliver top notch services to clients by innovating new ways & methods to facilitate Customs Procedures, in line with Dubai Government Strategic Plan. Organization endeavors to consolidate Emirate’s position, maintain rates of economic growth & support creativity / innovation within UAE. Dubai Customs also plays a key role in protecting the community from the infiltration of drugs and prohibited goods to local use.
Job Purpose of a Maintenance Officer
Carry out maintenance of the Dubai Customs infrastructure & facilities to ensure that they operate efficiently.
Duties of a Maintenance Officer
- Ensure maintenance requests from Dubai Customs departments and branches are fulfilled.
- Provide furnishing requests from main store for departments and branches.
- Follow up maintenance services on sites and sign for completed jobs to ensure that required maintenance service is completed.
- Perform weekly visits to ensure that maintenance is done regularly for departments and branches.
- Ensure main building and branches maintenance services are regularly provided to maintain them.
- Follow up on daily maintenance orders to ensure its execution.
- Support in preparation of the annual maintenance plan including budget required for it.
- Promote Administrative Affairs Department within Dubai Customs.
- Prepare monthly maintenance reports for department director and section manager.
- Review the monthly maintenance reports, sent from Imdaad to keep track of maintenance services provided by them.
- Prepare NOC letters for governments department for obtaining permissions or no objections for carrying out maintenance operations.
- Contribute to the annual strategic plan for maintenance and new projects and ensure the implementation of it.
- Oversee work of periodic maintenance of all buildings and facilities to maintain the integrity of buildings and appearance.
What You’ll Do More?
- Perform supervision of the operational plans for new projects to ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure provision and implementation of the requirements of ISO to maintain international standards.
- Perform coordination & overall supervision of the maintenance work for companies contracting with the Service (Imdaad, etc.) to ensure maintenance activities as contracted.
- Develop mechanism to improve the service levels by the section to exceed the client expectations.
- Supervise the complete renovation of offices, inspection of works, installation of new counters system, QS signboard extension and installation etc in order to meet all the requirements of the customer and employee.
- Act as a member of the committee on the inventory in the customs warehouses and as mandated for maintaining inventory.
- Act as a member of the committee for auctions in all customs stations to support in managing auctions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Building Maintenance Engineer.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in similar role.