Canadian University Dubai
Candian University Dubai (CUD) is presently looking for suitably qualified candidate for the job position of Lecturer In Entrepreneurship. Located in the city’s vibrant business district, CUD gives students unique opportunity to obtain a first class Canadian education while experiencing dynamic lifestyle of Dubai. CUD offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs based on a world leading international curriculum across disciplines in Architecture & Interior Design, Communication and Media, Engineering, Applied Science and Technology, Management, Creative Industries, Environmental Health Sciences & Social Sciences, including Psychology & Applied Sociology.
Job Purpose of A Lecturer Entrepreneurship
- Serve as the subject matter expert.
- Assist the Chair/Coordinator on ongoing operation of the academic program.
- Implement accredited curriculum in line with the academic standards of university and Ministry of Education.
- Teach a full course load as per Teaching Load Policy which includes procedure for teaching load reduction for research and/or community outreach.
- Furthermore, participate actively to departmental or university committees.
Duties of A Lecturer Entrepreneurship
- Develop, deliver, review and update media businesses/enterprise and creative industries undergraduate courses.
- Participate in subject group meetings.
- Engage in commercial, media, outreach, research and innovation activities.
- Promote the University’s Entrepreneurship Business Incubator Program and foster university industry collaborations with relevant industries.
- Work as an academic student advisor, invigilate exams and represent CUD at various student recruitment events.
- MSc or PhD degree in Entrepreneurship or a related area.
- Degree from an internationally reputable University is a Plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role.
- Canadian Affiliation and Work Experience.
- Current membership of a relevant professional body is a Plus.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Know how of theoretical and practical constructs in Entrepreneurship, or Small Business in diverse industry contexts (ideally, creative industries).
- Sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in Entrepreneurship, Small Business and/or Business in the Creative Industries.