University of Wollongong Dubai
University of Wollongong Dubai (UOWD) in UAE, is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the job position of an Adjunct Lecturer / Instructor – Finance. UOWD is an education gateway of choice for over 3,500 students, representing 100+ Nationalities. Their global community of 152,000 alumni are pursuing career goals with respected blue-chip companies and industry giants. The University offers over 40 Internationally Recognized bachelor and master degrees spanning 10 in-demand industry sectors. All of their degree courses are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education’s Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) and licensed by Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority.
Life at UOWD is rooted in the continued pursuit of excellence through teaching, research and industry engagement, with the student experience at its heart. The 200,000-square-foot campus of UOWD at Dubai Knowledge Park features access to Cutting-edge technologies and a mix of Traditional and Innovative learning spaces, all housed in a vibrant modern setting that promises to deliver an enriched learning experience for their students.
Role of Adjunct lecturer – Finance
An Adjunct Lecturer / Instructor of Finance at University of Wollongong Dubai (UOWD in UAE) has the job role of providing part-time or temporary instruction and expertise in finance related subjects.
Responsibilities of an Adjunct Lecturer – Finance
- The Instructor will teach Finance courses at the Undergraduate level.
- Might have to teach Economics at times.
- Responsible for conducting lectures, tutorials, practical classes and Demonstrations.
- Conduct Workshops and other Immersive learning experiences along with established course outlines and lesson plans.
- Maintain student class records.
- Being available during student consultation hours is also the responsibility of Finance Instructor.
Education & Experience
- PhD in Finance/Applied Economics.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience teaching at the Bachelors level or above.
- Having previous experience in subjects like International Financial Management, Investment Analysis and Applied Financial Modelling.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent knowledge in the areas of Finance, Statistics and Economics.
- Ability to work effectively with Multi-cultural Environment.
- Good Presentation skills.
- Effective Teaching Methodologies.