Wood is currently looking for a Lead Piping Engineer for a permanent staff role to be based in Abu Dhabi. Established in 1910, Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy & materials markets. It provides consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries including UAE. It has a large diverse work force employing around 35,000 people, delivering various services to clients in energy, industrial and infra structure sectors.
Job Purpose of A Lead Piping Engineer
Oversee and provide expertise in the design, development and implementation of piping systems for projects.
What You Will Do As A Lead Piping Engineer At Wood Abu Dhabi
- Ensure production of project deliverables within schedule time and delivered to the client.
- Provide skills and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering such as design codes & client specification needs.
- Manage design changes and provide appropriate solutions during the project.
- Understands clients needs, identify and address design para meters & problems.
- Apply the recognized offshore / onshore engineering practices to piping design.
- Produce Piping deliverables such as study reports, design calculations, stress analysis reports, PMS and piping material, material requisitions and technical bid evaluations.
- Review Piping drawings including 3D Models, Drawings (Layouts, Plot Plans, GADs, Isometrics) and Piping MTOs.
- Coordinate well with the piping materials, stress and layout engineers.
- Manage discipline related activities and work share with other work centers.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Atleast 15 plus years of experience in
- Oil and Gas Projects with major consultancy companies.
- Different stages of projects (Concept, FEED and design) of large sized off shore platform / Onshore projects.
- Piping Engineering (Layout design, piping materials and stress engineering) of Offshore plat forms / FPSOs / Onshore processing / refinery plants.
Led a team of piping engineers and designers.
Hands on experience in 3D design software (AVEVA, Smart Plant etc).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good command in english.