Jumeirah Marsa Al Arab presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Laundry Attendant (Housekeeping) in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1997, Jumeirah Group is a luxury hospitality company which operates a world class 6,500 key port folios of 23 luxury properties across Middle East, Europe and Asia. The group boasts some of the most prestigious and captivating properties in the world. From the iconic hotel and time less pinnacle of luxury, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah to modern twist on a British classic in the heart of Knightsbridge at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, Jumeirah’s name is synonymous with service excellence, crafting exceptional experiences for everyone who walks through its doors. Beyond its properties and resorts, Jumeirah Group is also dedicated to destination dining experiences, combining most authentic & diverse cuisines.
Job Purpose of A Laundry Attendant
The job purpose of a Laundry Attendant is to ensure the cleanliness and proper care of linens and clothing through washing, folding, and maintaining laundry equipment.
Duties of A Laundry Attendant
- Supporting to set up the function and role during pre-opening phase.
- Working closely between the Hotel and our Residences to support any operational needs as per the job description.
- Sort used linen from guest rooms.
- Sort and order all Food and Beverage Linen.
- Support with counting and auditing of all clean linen.
- Responsible for the quality and cleanliness of all colleagues uniforms.
- To ensure that all items of guest laundry and dry cleaning are checked off against the guest list, corrected if required and recorded on daily sheet.
- To ensure that all items washed or pressed in house are presented correctly to the standard agreed.
- Use all machinery safely and economically.
- To be responsible for the correct procedures of the handling of lost property and guest items.
- To attend regular communication meetings with the department.
- To report any malfunctioning of equipment to your supervisor.
- To be responsible for the update of linen room records.
Who Can Apply?
- A High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 1-2 years luxury hospitality experience.
- Experience working in a multi cultural environment.
- Basic knowledge of Opera.