Canadian University Dubai
Canadian University Dubai (CUD) is presently looking for eligible candidate for the job position of a Lab Technician. Located in the city’s vibrant business district, CUD gives students unique opportunity to obtain a first class Canadian education while experiencing dynamic lifestyle of Dubai. CUD offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs based on a world leading international curriculum across disciplines in Architecture & Interior Design, Communication and Media, Engineering, Applied Science and Technology, Management, Creative Industries, Environmental Health Sciences & Social Sciences, including Psychology and Applied Sociology.
Job Role of A Lab Technician
- Work in FAID Fab lab Workshop and support academic staff and students in Department of Architecture & Design.
- Candidate must have knowledge and experience in the use and operating of 3D printers, laser cutters and plotters.
Job Duties of A Lab Technician
- To operate FAID fab lab equipment
- To supervise students working in the Fab lab Workshop and to ensure the workshop health & safety policy.
- To aid students with the utilization of Design Fab and give advice to students on digital files and materials.
- To clean and maintain the 3D printers and laser cutters and keep a clean and tidy working environment.
- To support workshop management and collaborate with the FAID team in smooth running.
- To engage in departmental meetings, activities and events.
- To acquire skills and develop good practice for creating appropriate architectural models using equipment and materials.
- To assist with procurement of consumables and budget drafting.
- To collaborate and assist in the workshop facilities.
- To deliver training in terms of using equipment, selecting materials, preparing digital files and Health & Safety policy to both students and staff.
- Essential: Minimum High School Diploma in Technical education.
- Desired: Bachelors degree in technical related discipline, better if majoring in Architecture / Interior Design or relative subjects.
- Software package training license.
- 2-3 years of practice experience in a related field.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Good knowledge and skills of standard office software packages.
- Knowledge in 3D modeling, digital fabrication and skills of using relative such as ADOBE bundle, Autodesk packages, McNeel Rhinoceros 5 or 6 and Grasshopper3D.
- Good and comprehensive English skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to understand technical and architectonic drawings and schemes.