American University in the Emirates
American University in the Emirates invite applicants for Lab/Studio Assistant at College of Media & Mass Communication. The job is based in Dubai and desirous candidates full filling the eligibity criteria can apply at this position to be part of globally renowned university.
Job Purpose of Lab/Studio Assistant
Responsible for the technical aspects of the laboratory classes for the courses offered in the college, providing students with professional expertise in lab teaching, organizing and maintaining laboratory facilities, equipment and supplies.
Responsibilities of Lab/Studio Assistant
- Deliver and conduct lab assignments and grade lab coursework under the supervision of the course faculty member.
- Supports faculty and students during laboratory classes and examination.
- Assist faculty members in completing course file and administrative work.
- Follow the faculty member guidelines related to course delivery, content, assessment, and grading etc.
- Organizes and maintains the entire lab facility and its contents (computers, software and hardware) to ensure that all requirements are available and accessible when required.
- Liaises with faculties of the college to coordinate laboratory activities.
- Records and maintain laboratory inventories in coordination with the Information Technology Department (ITD).
- Recommends and submits laboratory supply purchasing requests to the Information Technology Department (ITD).
- Prepares documents/reports as required by the faculty and College Dean.
- Works independently in a timely and organized manner.
- Expected to take direction from faculty.
- Creativity and willingness to learn new advanced techniques in computer sciences.
- Any other additional tasks as assigned by the faculty members, Department Chair and College Dean.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast, Filming, Cinema, or other related field of Studies from an accredited university.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working in a Studio / Laboratory or technical experience in the field.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Proficient in maintaining equipment inventories.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge on photography, editing audio and video production.
- High level of safety (data protection and confidentiality) in the laboratory.