NMC Healthcare is presently looking to hire suitable and capable candidate to fill the job position of an IT Assistant. The selected aspirant will join the NMC CosmeSurge Clinics Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, UAE. This job was published by NMC Healthcare on 13 September 2023 and is now accepting applications from all interested and passionate aspirants.
Job Purpose of An IT Assistant
- IT Assistant is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware and software systems for the group.
- Commitment to Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) / Environment Safety and Health, incident reporting and risk management as required and observed.
Job Duties of An IT Assistant
- Responding to technical support calls from end users of computers and software applications.
- Setting up and installing new computers, networks and software.
- Setting up user accounts and profiles on the computers and network.
- Installing updates, known as patches, to software applications & operating systems.
- Installing and configuring operating systems, anti-virus software and other applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Diagnosing and fixing network problems and hardware or software faults.
- Maintaining inventories of hardware and software.
- Keeping a record of issues and faults along with solutions, for future reference.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Provides backup support and assistance in absence of other team member as needed.
- Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related Ticket or incident when called upon.
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Working closely with other departments / organizations and collaborating with corporate IT team for any assistance.
- To ensure that all the I.T related issues or concerns are identified and resolved.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining confidential information, records, and reports.
- Perform other duties and tasks assigned by the Head of Department within the scope of his/her job.
- Adhere to the clinic’s mission of Faster-Better-Friendlier-Safer Service.
- Adhere to the hospitals telephone standards.
What You’ll Do More?
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Effectively and consistently communicates to administrative personnel and encourage interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Communicates the mission ethics and goals as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Professional attitude and aptitude towards communication keeping in mind that in every communication to internal or external customers the company is represented.
- Guide and mentor junior and new staff.
- Encourage multi-disciplinary teamwork.
- Implement clinics policies and procedures.
- Apply oneself to the job, continually upgrade one self, and embrace the clinic’s core values.
- Care for their own and their colleagues health, safety and wellbeing, and awareness and contribution to the environment.
- Work is to be performed according to DOH and CosmeSurge & Emirates Clinics guidelines in terms of accepted professional practice.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 0-2 years of experience in a similar organization.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Excellent Customer Service skill.
- Adequate knowledge of computer applications (i.e. word, excel, etc).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to relate positively to other people. contributing to the smooth operation of the team.
- Deal with complaints in professional manner.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent problem solving, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with software, control, electronic and mechanical engineers.
- Safety conscious, motivated, able to manage pressure, takes initiative.
- Displays integrity and honesty.
- Service oriented and customer focused.
- Fluent in English & Arabic (preferable).