Emarat, Emirates General Petroleum Corporation
Emirates General Petroleum Corporation (Emarat) presently has an opening for desirous candidates for post of an Information Security Administrator. Emarat is a multi channel power and energy company with a much loved network of service stations and fuel depots across Dubai and the Northern Emirates. Emarat was founded in 1981 in the UAE as a modern fuel services company that has commercial fuel and petrol products. They meet the day to day petrol and LPG needs of millions of people while also helping to keep the engines of Industry running with fleet solutions, aviation fuel and commercial fuel services. Emarat is best known for its more than 89 service stations in Dubai and Northern Emirates and also offers a broad range of services including gas products and aviation fuel.
Job Purpose of An Information Security Administrator
Implement and maintain Emarat’s information security program which consists of physical as well as procedural controls to efficiently protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Emarat’s information and Information processing systems while periodically updating management about the security posture of Emarat.
What You’ll Do As An Information Security Administrator
- Daily review of all security controls such as firewalls, anti-virus, IPS/IDS and critical network infrastructure and reporting findings.
- Implement best practices for the security controls by reviewing logs, hardening systems and keeping operating systems patched and up to date.
- Ensure access to Emarat resources are given based on approved policy and established change control procedures.
- Recommend specific improvements to security and internal controls and follow up on all recommendations.
- Communicate and enforce Emarat’s information security policy, procedures, and standards.
- Maintain up to date documentation for all security controls in place.
- Review access control logs and audit trails for abnormal or unauthorized activities.
- Ensure proper mechanisms are in place to detect and alert security events.
- Perform reviews of network security architecture, information security administration and policy.
- Investigation of any actual or potential information security incidents.
- Provide periodic reporting on information security issues.
- Develop and maintain procedures to rectify vulnerabilities.
- Assist with development, implementation, and maintenance of IT security solutions.
- Help in the design and management of the business and disaster recovery plans for the enterprise.
- Keeps abreast of developments in Information Security field by researching, attending exhibitions.
- Evaluation of vendor solutions by researching and conducting proof of concept trials.
- Bachelors degree computer science, IT or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the IT field with 3 years direct experience as an Information Security administrator role.
- Experience with risk assessment methods, Penetration Testing and application security.
- Experience in enforcement of procedures for Information security administration based on industry standard best practices.
- Experience in the operation of vulnerability management, Data Loss Prevention, and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Good in networking, firewall configuration, IDS network based intrusion detection.
- Strong knowledge of information security concepts and models.
- Knowledge of industry standards pertaining to information security such as ISO 27001 and best practices.
- In depth knowledge of working with enterprise level fire walls, host and network based IDS / IPS and VPN solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of all Windows operating systems and Linux based operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Good written, oral and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into information security issues and products as required.
- Team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.