Emirates General Petroleum Corporation (Emarat) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Information Security Administrator in Dubai. This job is recently posted on company’s website and aspiring candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can apply for this job to be part of this globally renowned company.
Job Role of Information Security Administrator
The Information Security Administrator is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Emarat’s information security program which consists of physical as well as procedural controls to efficiently protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Emarat’s information and Information processing systems while periodically updating management about the security posture of Emarat.
Responsibilities of Information Security Administrator
- Daily review of all security controls such as firewalls, antinvirus, IPS/IDS and critical network infrastructure and reporting findings.
- Implement best practices whenever possible for the security controls by reviewing logs, hardening the systems and keeping operating systems patched and up to date.
- Ensure access to Emarat resources are given based on approved policies and established change control procedures.
- Recommend specific improvements to security and internal controls and follow up on all recommendations.
- Communicate and enforce Emarat’s information security policy, procedures, and standards.
- Maintain up to date documentation for all security controls in place.
- Review access control logs, and audit trails for abnormal or unauthorized activities.
- Ensure proper mechanisms are in place to detect and alert security events.
- Perform reviews of network security architecture, information security administration and policy.
- Coordinate periodic security audit assessments on production systems and report findings to management and data owners.
- Investigation of any actual or potential information security incidents.
- Provide periodic reporting on information security issues.
What You’ll Do More
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to detect vulnerabilities in applications, operating systems, and network devices.
- Develop and maintain procedures to rectify vulnerabilities on a timely manner by working with application and system owners.
- Assist with development, implementation, and maintenance of IT security solutions.
- Review new system designs and major modifications for security implications prior to implementation.
- Make sure that information security requirements are aligned with business objectives by actively participating in all projects undertaken by business throughout the project lifecycle.
- Help in the design and management of the business and disaster recovery plans for the enterprise.
- Project management covering initiation, planning, execution, control and closure.
- Manage allocation of resources to projects and utilise them effectively
- Ensure results achieved to time, within budget adhering to quality standards.
- Keeps abreast of developments / trends in Information Security field by researching, attending exhibitions etc.
- Evaluation of vendor solutions by researching and conducting proof of concept trials.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the IT field with three years direct experience as an Information Security administrator role in a mixed Linux/Windows server environment.
- Experience with Risk Assessment Methods, Penetration Testing, and Application Security.
- Experience developing, implementing, maintaining, and overseeing enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for information security administration based on industry standard best practices.
- Extensive experience in the operation of vulnerability management, Data Loss Prevention, and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Proficient in networking, firewall configuration, IDS network based intrusion detection and the management tools required to operate such an environment.
- Strong knowledge of information security concepts and models.
- Knowledge of industry standards pertaining to information security such as ISO 27001 and best practices.
- In depth knowledge of working with enterprise level firewalls, host and network based IDS/IPS, and VPN solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of all Windows operating systems and Linux based operating systems. AIX knowledge is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into information security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business friendly and user friendly language.
- Team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.