Chalhoub Group is seeking applications from interested Candidates for the job position of HSSE Specialist/ Expert in Dubai, UAE. For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its Distribution and Marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 International brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ Experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Job role of HSSE Specialist
At Chalhoub Group (Dubai) UAE the job role of a HSSE Specialist / Expert is to ensure Local and International HSSE Compliance, ISO’s and best practices in their designated territory. The Incumbent will Formulate and Communicate Group HSSE Performance Objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives.
Duties of HSSE Specialist
- Monitor the Effective Implementation of the group HSSE Management system. Discuss the areas of improvements with the top management in their territory and the Head of HSSE department.
- Act as a point of contact in their territory for all HSSE matters in coordination with the Group HSSE framework.
- Validate the design of all Safety and Security TECHNOLOGIES i.e. systems and equipment for offices, stores and warehouses including but not limited to CCTV, Intrusion, Access Control and EAS systems according to the highest standards as defined in the Group HSSE MS.
- Provide Recommendations and regular reports for a continuous improvement to minimize risk exposure affecting Corporate interest where applicable.
- Identify opportunities to minimize Workplace injuries, Accident, Security, and Health issues.
- Ensure that all the Hazardous activities are analyzed, and, develop related risk assessment.
What you’ll do
- Ensure the implementation of the Group HSSE Management Systems.
- Coordinate and ensure the Compliance of the group HSSE training matrix is their territory.
- Act as a point of contact between local authorities and the group for all health, safety and security legislations and ensure the group legal register is up to date
- Act as focal point for major relevant investigations (including local authorities) involving Safety and Security.
- Prepare reports with Findings, Recommendations, and Corrective actions.
- Regular meeting with the relevant head of functions to ensure HSSE compliance framework is well adopted and executed.
- Lead on the execution of the group crisis management and business continuity in their territory
- Support all business units by ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of the Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plan through regular communication, training, and awareness sessions.
- Manage the HSSE team in their territory according to the department goals and objectives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably focused on Safety & Security Management) Or equivalent HSSE Diploma.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a Management role.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of Safety and Security Standards, IOSH, NEBOSH IGC, HSE, First Aid, Fire Fighting, etc.
- Familiarity in Drafting and Understanding blueprints and schematics.
- Eﬀective Communication and People Management skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Leadership skills.